Jordan?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Junker Gear Snatcher
Favorite Game: (Ask me sometime, PMs welcome)
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid series (all of them)
-MGS1
-MGS2
-MGS3
-MGS4
-MGS: Portable Ops
-MGS: Portable Ops +
-MGS: Digital Graphic Novel
Snatcher
(Policenauts someday, thanks to you dedicated folks.)

Jordan?

Post by Junker Gear Snatcher »

I was playing Snatcher, Sega CD version, and I was playing around with names in Jordan.

I didn't find anything really neat, a lot of "Not on file" or whatever notices, but upon entering "REDWOOD", I received an error: "You do not have authority to access these files" Type error. And I believe a "Administrator clearance required" or something along those lines.

Anybody else try this?

I thought it was really bizarre, because things like Madnar/Modnar don't turn up anything, but REDWOOD is classified? Cool.

(Note, haven't played Policenauts, so I only know Redwood is that purple haired guy in that game. So please no spoilers for that game)
----------------------------------
Listening to my own "Policenaudio."
Author with one finished book,
six others on the go.
Generally friendly.
Good looking too.

And yet I still find time to be a Junker.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Jordan?

Post by Artemio »

Interesting.

But No, I never tried it. It is odd since it is not in the table of names, as you can check here:

http://junkerhq.net/Dumps/SCDSnatcher/sp05-erased.html

That is the dump from all the text in the game, and redwood isn't there.. so the sega cd has no string to match your input. Odd.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Re: Jordan?

Post by el_ash »

Never herd of "Redwood" being in the game/on file? ..I've been through every part of the "text dumps"....not in awhile though, but yeah....that's odd.

I know that when you look up Jamie or Gillian you get a Restricted data message....
"class 7 access" or something like that is required to access the info, I think the cheif even says something about this if you talk to him after trying it out? But as far as I know you can never see the files for them. (for obvious "spoiler" reasons)

Also...depending on what you have done in the game/what act it is, the FILES/INFO in JORDAN change a little to match the plot. Like if you look up Gibson when you first start the game (before the factory), and then after you find him dead....the info mentions his death....stuff like that :mrgreen:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack