What did you get in the mail today?

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Re: What did you get in the mail today?

Post by violentpig »

jonthomas83 wrote:Haha! I don't think I'd like to see you when you're really mad! :D
Trust me, I'm more in the humor phase now. I could use a change though OINK

If I don't one out occasionally a big one oinks out of me

EDIT: woohoo I got the name change
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Post by Screaming Mantis »

Shame, now you'll have to re-take all your pictures with your new name. Haha
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Screaming Mantis wrote:Shame, now you'll have to re-take all your pictures with your new name. Haha
I even just registered liquidpig.com!

oink thats taking it too farOINK
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

violentpig wrote:
Screaming Mantis wrote:Shame, now you'll have to re-take all your pictures with your new name. Haha
I even just registered liquidpig.com!

oink thats taking it too farOINK
lol, wanna give ME a domain =D =D =D ahahaha.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

violentpig wrote:
Screaming Mantis wrote:Image
Nice SM! Tough to keep them in the box eh?

I haven't gotten any mail for like a week dammit. oink. But I have about 10 packages on the way. My oink white sorter is currently in customs. It's been there a couple of days so I hope I don't oink get nailed with customs fees.
Yeah, I bought 2 of them just so I could open one.

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

Wait. what oink happend here? violent got eaten by a pig or something?
ImageImage
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

gixo wrote:Wait. what oink happend here? violent got eaten by a pig or something?
Lol, you don't wanna know but check out the Joy division for a pretty full on explanation! Good luck! :)
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

Yeah, VS just showed everybody here what "violent" means in his name! :mrgreen:

Anyways, here's my most anticipated mail...

The question now is... TO OPEN OR NOT!!!

I still can't get over the idea that the seller of this had 18 BOXES of them kept sealed after all these years!!! Man, had I got the money, I would have bought every single box from him!
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

open. give (sell) me the doubles =D. But that sealed box looks awesome. i envy you
ImageImage
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

jonthomas83 wrote:
gixo wrote:Wait. what oink happend here? violent got eaten by a pig or something?
Lol, you don't wanna know but check out the Joy division for a pretty full on explanation! Good luck! :)
Heh, yeah, I'm going to oink that post soon. I prefer to keep my wrath bottled up. To see what he really oinked you'll have to see my msg quotes, but peace has been declared.
lance wrote:Yeah, VS just showed everybody here what "violent" means in his name! :mrgreen:

Anyways, here's my most anticipated mail...

The question now is... TO OPEN OR NOT!!!

I still can't get over the idea that the seller of this had 18 BOXES of them kept sealed after all these years!!! Man, had I got the money, I would have bought every single box from him!
*ARGH* Where's my box?! I was the first to oink one dammit! I haven't gotten any mail in almost 2 oinks now. That is one of the nicest sealed items I've ever oinked, I can wait to get my pig-hands on mine. Do not open it man, you'll regret it if you get no rares.

EDIT: Actually checked my mail...gotta go oink up a package...pig-fingers crossed that it's the white sorter...
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

2 items! wooo.

my fav "game item" has just arrived!!! woo.
Attachments
zoepremium1.jpg
mgs4bandana.jpg
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

Very nice TSi. There is another ZOE-SE on ebay, i think it at 120$. is it worth it? and it looks pretty damaged.

i have waited since 22/09-08 for my order from yesasia with a few things. i placed the order 09/08/-08! Its so slow!
ImageImage
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Holy shit I've crapped my pants. Good things pigs are expected to roll around in their own crap.

First, the appetizer. MGS #2 graded CGC 9.8 (highest graded). I love this cover and contacted Wood about buying the original art.

Ok who cares, onto the good stuff...

The Konamistyle MG2 Substance - Ultimate White Sorter Package

The unexpected poster that was included. Wasn't listed in the auction, but hell I'll take it

Sealed ration tin (pre-order bonus for the white sorter package)

Inside the big white box (Substance sealed and white sorter underneath)

Sealed Ultimate Sorter: White (yes, sealed, I didn't even know it came factory sealed)

Can't believe it came sealed (never thought it was), can't believe I got a free poster I didn't even know existed. This was worth the 68000Yen + fees + $65 shipping + $88 border fees (2nd time I've been nailed in 5 years so I can't complain).
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Nice haul.

violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Still waiting for my stupid box of cards though...argh...it's just never enough heh.

Oh yeah I think I'm done oinking. It's annoyed ME now. But violetpig will remain until my next outburst at someone questioning my humanity. I wish I could draw on computer (or even by hand). I have an awesome idea for a violentpig comic strip where a human (me) is turned into a pig by an evil Ukrainian wizard and it follows his exploits trying to regain his humanity and the hilarity the ensues along the way. I would even write it in bad english.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

violentpig wrote:Still waiting for my stupid box of cards though...argh...it's just never enough heh.

Oh yeah I think I'm done oinking. It's annoyed ME now. But violetpig will remain until my next outburst at someone questioning my humanity. I wish I could draw on computer (or even by hand). I have an awesome idea for a violentpig comic strip where a human (me) is turned into a pig by an evil Ukrainian wizard and it follows his exploits trying to regain his humanity and the hilarity the ensues along the way. I would even write it in bad english.

You can't forget to add the evil Ukrainian shouting random bids of dollar amounts none of us can afford.

bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

yah, the white sorter i got from matt still has the plastic seal on it, it was just cut to allow the sorter to be pulled out of the package.

one thing that sucks is the styrofoam that is used for the memory card has chemicals in it that discolor the white faux leather that the sorter is made out of. with the black soter you don't notice it cause it's black, but the white sorter that has been kept closed will definately be discolored.

its funny that the guy that matt got his from put the trailer dvd in there instead (preorder gift) and the optical card gift. they played the mgs2 and kept that but sold the sorter seperate from the mgs2.

can you guys take pics of all the mgs2 covers/variants you have, ive got a picture from "naked" that shows a partial cover that i have yet to see and i'm wondering what region it is from.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

bay wrote:yah, the white sorter i got from matt still has the plastic seal on it, it was just cut to allow the sorter to be pulled out of the package.

one thing that sucks is the styrofoam that is used for the memory card has chemicals in it that discolor the white faux leather that the sorter is made out of. with the black soter you don't notice it cause it's black, but the white sorter that has been kept closed will definately be discolored.

its funny that the guy that matt got his from put the trailer dvd in there instead (preorder gift) and the optical card gift. they played the mgs2 and kept that but sold the sorter seperate from the mgs2.

can you guys take pics of all the mgs2 covers/variants you have, ive got a picture from "naked" that shows a partial cover that i have yet to see and i'm wondering what region it is from.
Yeah I've noticed that discoloring in some pictures. This one I'll keep sealed, but I would like to buy an open one. I thought it would be cool to display:

Black sorter filled with: black version ost/mgs2/substance/document
White sorter filled with: white version ost/mgs2 demo from zoe/mgs2 from premium package/shareholder mgs2
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

wow VP, that is a very very nice white sorter... and it came factory sealed!!! and whats even better is that you got FREEBIES with it!!!

gixo: id say, for $100ish, itd be better if you can get a sealed mint one... a damaged one doesn't worth much (in my books anyways).
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
metal gear solid 1-4

Post by bay »

violent, i'm going to have to ask you to take a nice picture of that poster, along with some other stuff you have, since i'm organizing up my database and some good pics would be cool.

*database = the webpage i'm working on.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Hey bay y'know what. In the new place I'm going to set up a small "photo studio". No more crappy pics soon. I'd like to frame all the posters as well but I may wait for some "after x-mas sales" before buying a bunch. I think I need like 8-10 more....ugh...
Screaming Mantis wrote: You can't forget to add the evil Ukrainian shouting random bids of dollar amounts none of us can afford.
Huh? what do you mean? This is a completely fictional wizard based on absolutely nobody. He turned me into pig now I seek justice! (That last line would've been the main characters signature saying) Oh man if only I could make that comic strip. I wonder how much those Penny Arcade guys would want heh.
Last edited by violentpig on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

bay wrote:violent, i'm going to have to ask you to take a nice picture of that poster, along with some other stuff you have, since i'm organizing up my database and some good pics would be cool.

awww, ur not gonna contribute to the wiki?
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
metal gear solid 1-4

Post by bay »

TSi wrote:
bay wrote:violent, i'm going to have to ask you to take a nice picture of that poster, along with some other stuff you have, since i'm organizing up my database and some good pics would be cool.

awww, ur not gonna contribute to the wiki?
this merchandise database is seperate from the wiki, since i have no shame of taking images from auctions and whanot for this. with the wiki we want to have more official and clear pictures. of course i'll be contributing to the wiki, but just as everyone here has their webpages, and since i've been making webpage since before html was popular (long live gopher) it's sorta in my blood. :p

seeing as i already have my design started, i gotta finish it else it's just a waste :p

@violent: are you indicating you're going to be buying posters now? you realize that means we will become mortal enemies right? :p
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

bay wrote:
@violent: are you indicating you're going to be buying posters now? you realize that means we will become mortal enemies right? :p

NO MORE POSTERS...I got too many sitting in tubes. The only one I think I want is the yellow Snake one with the monkeys. And of course signed posters. It's cost enough to frame all of what I currently have. I didn't know I was even getting that one with the white sorter. Good surprise though. Rinkya even took the initiative to put it in a pvc pipe for me (which is what I usually request). I wonder if it's actually standard practice for them.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
metal gear solid 1-4

Post by bay »

violent, i'll be happy to take the posters for a fair price if you aren't interested in them. well, pretty much anything print related that you aren't interested in or have lost interest in, etc.