What did you get in the mail today?

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Re: What did you get in the mail today?

Post by lance »

TSi wrote:finally

got my 1st monkey out of the 3 special chase ones.

shipped from the euros, shipping was like the same price as the figure =P

As for me.... That's my last "monkey"? (why did you term them that TSi?)...

A MILLION THANKS TO JONTHOMAS!!!

He's a real gem to have in our forum here! He came through with every word he committed. As you can see, he left NOTHING to chance that my figure would come to me damaged. 1st, a HUGE box! 2nd, lots of bulky newspapers! 3rd, an almost 12 feet roll of bubble wrap, wrapped around my sealed figure! 4th, lotsa packaging tape to every slit opening of the box. And lastly, the SELF MADE "FRAGILE Handle With Care" scattered around the box! Now, that's the perfect shipping MANNER! I am short of words to describe how great a person he isfor helping me out...

And now here it is...

TADAAN! MGS2 Clear Solid Snake!

With the rest of my CLEAR 20th Anniv. figures. (Obviously the Kubrick is not included here).

AND here is where they would end up...
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Awesome Lance, I still need those 2 Snake figures myself!
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

Always gload to help out a fellow Junker. No more figure sending for me though, those were nail bitingly hard to get hold of in mint condition like that!

As luck would have it. You know the £50 I spent to retrieve goods from customs. Well the MGS3 snake was part of that package and guess what. It came right off it's card. I'd spent £50 not only to recieve the posters but to receive a damaged MGS3 Stealth Snake. I was fuming!

So if anyone wants a perfect figure with the plastic off it's card, let me know! (I won't be able to give it away, so I'm not gonna get close to even making anything back toward my £50 let alone the auction cost and shipping of the damn thing!) I've now gotta hunt down a MGS3 Stealth Snake, which don't even exist in the U.K. So who was it that said "what goes around comes around", "good deeds" and all that crap?! Bollocks I say! :)
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

same thing happened with mine, if you recall my postings.

i have 2 mgs3 snakes off card, and one mgs3 snake stealth off card now.
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

jonthomas83 wrote:Always gload to help out a fellow Junker. No more figure sending for me though, those were nail bitingly hard to get hold of in mint condition like that!

As luck would have it. You know the £50 I spent to retrieve goods from customs. Well the MGS3 snake was part of that package and guess what. It came right off it's card. I'd spent £50 not only to recieve the posters but to receive a damaged MGS3 Stealth Snake. I was fuming!

:)

You're not alone on this one. My friend who bought the MGS3 Naked Snake Clear variant for me at the San Diego Comic Con also had the bubble plastic detached from the back card... Mine is only taped together with invisible tape. I'll try and take a pic of that, or probably can be seen from the earlier posted picture I did...
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

Here it is... Notice the two whitish line on the left side. Those are tapes to hold the bubble and card together. The other side has two also.

violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Very poor packaging design is so many are opening up.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

Yeah I noticed that Lance, it's nice that you lot are able to console me on this one, but it shouldn''t have to be that way should it really. It's just down to bad packaging like VS says.

My worry is this. I've bought as many of the 20th Ann figures as I can from my local store, I'll get all of them from there except MGS3 Stealth Snake. They come in great condition as I can hand pick them. Thing is, I'm just worried that any of the other MGS figure sets I buy, I won't be able to buy them from a store, they'll be via auction. Can anyone tell me if the other sets are this badly packaged? I really want to collect all the figure sets from McFarlane to Yamato, but if they're this badly packaged perhaps it'd be worth my while not to start! I can't stand bubble plastic that comes away from the card.

I've never collected figures before, now I know why! They're the worst things in the world to ensure that packaging is good. I'm really OC about it because to me, it seems worthless not having them sealed. I'd never pose them so I'd rather the packaging be the best without anything coming apart from the card.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

jonthomas83 wrote:Yeah I noticed that Lance, it's nice that you lot are able to console me on this one, but it shouldn''t have to be that way should it really. It's just down to bad packaging like VS says.

My worry is this. I've bought as many of the 20th Ann figures as I can from my local store, I'll get all of them from there except MGS3 Stealth Snake. They come in great condition as I can hand pick them. Thing is, I'm just worried that any of the other MGS figure sets I buy, I won't be able to buy them from a store, they'll be via auction. Can anyone tell me if the other sets are this badly packaged? I really want to collect all the figure sets from McFarlane to Yamato, but if they're this badly packaged perhaps it'd be worth my while not to start! I can't stand bubble plastic that comes away from the card.

I've never collected figures before, now I know why! They're the worst things in the world to ensure that packaging is good. I'm really OC about it because to me, it seems worthless not having them sealed. I'd never pose them so I'd rather the packaging be the best without anything coming apart from the card.
All my McFarlane and Yamato are fine, and probably all but 3 have been purchased online. I think when these UDF camo Snakes were packaged there may have been a defect in the glue used to seal the bubble on the card, or perhaps not enough surface area was glued.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

lance wrote: As for me.... That's my last "monkey"? (why did you term them that TSi?)...
ahaha, I just randomly picked that word.

But then they can be related...
- monkeys are hard to chase around, they like to cause a lot of mischief, breaking things and everything...
- these UDF chase are "chase", and their packaging are easily broken, hard to find mint one.

ahaha. damn.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

violentsnake wrote:All my McFarlane and Yamato are fine, and probably all but 3 have been purchased online. I think when these UDF camo Snakes were packaged there may have been a defect in the glue used to seal the bubble on the card, or perhaps not enough surface area was glued.
That's good news, let's hope my problems stop when I find a mint MGS3 Stealth Snake then! :) If any of you lot across the Atlantic fancy helping a guy out in the new year (that's when I'll have money! lol) let me know! :)
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

jonthomas83 wrote:
violentsnake wrote:All my McFarlane and Yamato are fine, and probably all but 3 have been purchased online. I think when these UDF camo Snakes were packaged there may have been a defect in the glue used to seal the bubble on the card, or perhaps not enough surface area was glued.
That's good news, let's hope my problems stop when I find a mint MGS3 Stealth Snake then! :) If any of you lot across the Atlantic fancy helping a guy out in the new year (that's when I'll have money! lol) let me know! :)
when i grab a snake, and they ship it and its mint sealed, ill save it for you!
if its not "mint" sealed... then ill keep it for myself.
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

TSi wrote:when i grab a snake, and they ship it and its mint sealed, ill save it for you!
Man, that's very kind of you, but honestly, I'd rather wait till you get two "mint" sealed ones so we can both have them! :)
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

jonthomas83 wrote:
TSi wrote:when i grab a snake, and they ship it and its mint sealed, ill save it for you!
Man, that's very kind of you, but honestly, I'd rather wait till you get two "mint" sealed ones so we can both have them! :)
ahaha, dont worry about it, my 1st monkey (the one in the picture) is already not mint, but then the seller did try pretty hard to keep it in a decent shape when shipping. so im not looking for mint mint (but it'd be nice)

the packaging was sealed all the way EXCEPT for a little hole at the bottom, that sucks =P

EDIT: lance, ahaha, let me guess, you put your figures in the IKEA display cases =D =D =D. I have one too, and that's where I'm putting my MGS stuff.
I actually think im gonna be needing my 2nd one soon.
Last edited by TSi on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

TSi wrote:
jonthomas83 wrote:
ahaha, dont worry about it, my 1st monkey (the one in the picture) is already not mint, but then the seller did try pretty hard to keep it in a decent shape when shipping.

the packaging was sealed all the way EXCEPT for a little hole at the bottom, that sucks =P
It's just really disappointing isn't it! It's nasty when it arrives and something is not quite right, I hate that with any of the items I receive!
Sevket
Runner
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 4
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid DEMO (NTSC-U)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid DEMO (NTSC-J)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions DEMO (NTSC-J)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Platinum (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (NTSC)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Collector's Edition (NTSC-U)
Metal Gear Solid: Bandee Desinee DVD
PSN: Sevket
Xbox Live: SevketErhat

Post by Sevket »

jonthomas83 wrote:It's just really disappointing isn't it! It's nasty when it arrives and something is not quite right, I hate that with any of the items I receive!
I know how that feels. My Art of Metal Gear Solid 1.5 book was sealed and there was no way to open the package without breaking the seal. I didn't worry much as I wouldn't keep the book sealed but what if I would want to keep it sealed ? It was a disastrous packing on sellers behalf
If you want to sell your MGS Promo Discs or Demos please contact me

My Metal Gear Collection
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii24 ... ?start=all
Ninjax008
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
PSN: ninjax008

Post by Ninjax008 »

violentsnake wrote:Very poor packaging design is so many are opening up.
Totaly Agreed, i was in my local Game today & most of the ones on the shelves were coming open on one side or the other. Its not bad at £2:99 but if you're paying full wack for them (12:99) its gonna be very disappointing to recieve it like that. The plastic should realy go behind the cardboard or just do what everyother figure packaging does & have it completly plastic. Lets hope that they learn from this mistake :|
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

I guess that's a real concern for us who wants these figures sealed in their cards...

BUT LET's flip the COIN now...

A figure at £2:99 a pop is a STEAL I would say... So my suggestion is.... Just grab a set, get rid of that disappointing packaging and display them somewhere altogether in your room or china cabinet (who needs those DISHES! :mrgreen: )... I'm telling you guys, it not all that BAD...

I am foremost an action figure collector myself... If I see my collection altogether in a top cabinet or shelf, it's a great sight to see!

Here are some examples... I don;t know about you guys, but some figures are meant to be set free...

jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

Impressive Lance! That's my new claim to fame! I helped build that collection! lol! :wink:
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Lance if you're interested in Transformers I have a boxed complete Megatron and Optimus Prime G1 with all parts and I even think I have the used sticker sheets. The Optimus has REALLY right joints, almost new. Megatron is a bit loose in the legs, but if you're familiar with the figure you know how common that is. I was gonna stick em up on ebay as I want to buy new sealed ones but if you're interested let me know.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Post by Screaming Mantis »

Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Screaming Mantis wrote:Image
Nice SM! Tough to keep them in the box eh?

I haven't gotten any mail for like a week dammit. oink. But I have about 10 packages on the way. My oink white sorter is currently in customs. It's been there a couple of days so I hope I don't oink get nailed with customs fees.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

lol, this oink shit is really making me piss myself! :D
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

jonthomas83 wrote:lol, this oink shit is really making me piss myself! :D
Give it oink 5 posts. Everyone will wanna oink stab me. I'm oinking bay will be the first to oink it.

Wait till I get my new sig. TSi is slow. j/k

EDIT: there we oink, the new sig is up until I oink a better oink
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major