So What Do We All Think of The Game?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Prawn

So What Do We All Think of The Game?

Post by Prawn »

Been playing for about 7 hours now.
The main thing i have noticed so far is that theres not actually all that much gameplay here just click points on the screen and then being overwhelmed with vast amounts of detailed insights into the policenauts world be it from objects or the encyclopedic folk that inhabit Beyond.

Dont get me wrong im enjoying the game so far i like the crazy Kojima detail its why we love him but im just not getting that same feeling i get when i play snatcher and i dont know why....

The story itself is decent enough and its whats carrying it for me so far as welll as the beuatiful drawings and animation but i really hope the gameplay picks up with maybe some action, puzzles or actual detective work instead of just the constant bombardmeant of detail. i have only just started act 2 Astronauts so i cant really go into to much detail so far, this is just my initial feelings so far.

Who else clicks everyones boobs? is it just me? Didnt think so. :)
Frogacuda
Favorite Game: Too many to list.

Re: So What Do We All Think of The Game?

Post by Frogacuda »

Snatcher didn't really have a lot of gameplay going on either. Japanese adventures have all been like this, increasingly moreso as time goes on. Occasionally you get one with some puzzles like Phoenix Wright, but a lot of them are even more streamlined than Snatcher and Policenauts.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Re: So What Do We All Think of The Game?

Post by Henry Spencer »

Oh, don't worry. The investigation definitely picks up in Act 2. Don't want to spoil it, but just what you're asking for "puzzles, action") is right around the corner! I agree the game takes its time.

Then again, Froggy is right; it's actually not as slow as some other Japanese adventure titles. The pacing of the game is excellent from Act 2 onwards. Lots of twists, long speeches, drama, action and intense scenes that Kojima is known for.