Sabotage! (Reader Reviews Gone slipshod!)

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Sabotage! (Reader Reviews Gone slipshod!)

Post by Snake Plissken »

Anyone ever noticed at Amazon and many other electronic product vendoring sites have the most phony or beligerant reader reviews? It's like there are no real honest ones. It's either a bot posted by their company that's totally phony to suggest an idiot. Or a bot posted by a competitor or opposing vendor dealing the product sub-illegally, and they post the worst friggen thing in it's place.

Example 1: "The Best Of New Order CD" Amazon Reader Reviewer 5-Star

Theres NO better techno band than New Order , September 2, 2004

Reviewer: J. H. Infante "J.H. Infante" (Guadalajara, Ja, Mex) - See all my reviews

Forgett about Depeche Mode, Forgett about Kraftwerk
NEW ORDER rules the techno world.
thats all i have to say
HM

Excuse me...but they never fuckin did techno, they did electronica/pop...and I grew up on them...but besides the fact that has to be another dull mindless example to attract some numskull looking for simialarity...

Example 2: Review at EB GAMES for RoboCop PC 4/5 star rating(note I purposly looked up the shittiest games to find a rise, and here's the best example)
Huntingu Now: 4/19/2003
WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TAKING ABOUT?
This game Looks amazing, very thrilling, good graphics, and stable frame rate!

meh, the game blows more chunks than a European ass flossed speedo...

Final Example of multi product competition: Amazaon Review for miami vice season 1 dvd 1 star.
NO ORIGINAL MUSIC
I just purchased a copy of this and found the quality to be grainy, no music as promised, and it looks just like another marketing ill gotten gain for money.

For those who don't know, the dvd does have all it's music, and the quality is fair. This is an example of other independant foreign countrys losing money out of the fact that they are finally releasing this comodity onto DVD.

Well not everything is "botted to say." But I never ever had trusted a reader or critic review...so I suggest the same for you all, but looking at our collective group here, I doubt anyone's a moron to this crap. And here's the sinker, all the reviewers with these comments leave a pattern exact to all the other products, and they also happen to be reviewing products within the same product conglamorate, hehehehe, what a world
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Some people really are that idiotic. I don't know how they can breathe, let alone type, but there's loads of them on Amazon. Those examples you gave are pretty tame, I must say - I've seen much, much worse.

A review for MGS3 on Amazon.co.uk:
Snake Eater ? Who is the Snake ?, November 7, 2003

Reviewer: mattdaviereviews from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

The game MGS:Snake Eater has been seen as the best jungle/stealth game availible but some say...WHO ARE YOU? In actual fact, at first people thought you were Raiden again from MGS: 2 Sons of Liberty but there is only one main Snake but people are now asking....Is it realy him? Many people say you play as Snake but over the month of November some have posted two words 'Big Boss'. It is a crazy idea but many belive that you play as a younger version og 'Bis Boss' I find it ridiculous but still. MGS:3 5 Stars best game every.
Only a genius could make something like that up, aware of how ridiculous it is.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Those reviews may be idiotic, but I sincerely doubt any of it is phony. It's their opinion. That alone doesn't make them morons.
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

No, you are, for spelling "epitome" wrong! Ho ho ho!

I'm joking. Sorry.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Don't worry, it's a silly word anyway.
Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob »

Anyone hear read Penny Arcade?

Normal person + anonymity + audience = total moron.

I'm paraphrasing, but if you've seen it you'll know what I mean.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Was that an internet comic?
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

I'm don't really care much about crappy reader reviews from illiterate internet users who apparently never graduate beyond the fourth grade. It's when said moron don't bother to research their facts and makes a completely misleading comment.

Take for example the following Amazon review of Lacuna Coil's In a Reverie album from a so-called "MasterShake" (quite a fitting username, considering Shake's such a moronic character himself).
This band is such a rip-off of Evanescence that it isn't even funny. They saw that Evanescence was so popular and said to themselves "Yeah! Lets copy that style of music so we can become famous and make lots of money!".
Yes, Lacuna Coil is a ripoff of Evanescence. Let's ignore the fact that Lacuna Coil has been around a bit longer (1996 vs. 1998) and are twice the band Amy Lee and her drones will ever be. And I'm sorry if I offended any Evanescence fan around here, but Evanescence songs are mostly manipulative and cliche-ridden. (I do admit that I did like "My Immortal" a bit).