Unreleased Snatcher music...

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Snatcher2047
Runner
Favorite Game: SNATCHER
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Snatcher : Pilot Disk
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Wii Friend Code: 0087516012043877
Xbox Live: Snatcher2047

Unreleased Snatcher music...

Post by Snatcher2047 »

I wanted to put together a list of music used in Snatcher (the SEGA CD version at least) that was never released on a soundtrack. I'm referring mostly to the tracks to are CD quality and not the in-game generated music. These are the ones I can think of:

1) Track that plays when Gillian heads to the factory where Gibson is. Also played in the 2nd half (after Pleasure Of Tension) of Chin Shu Oh's little speech and after Random "saves your skin". I used to think this was a SEGA CD exclusive track, but I checked and it is used in the Saturn (and I'm assuming the PSX version) during the Chin and Random scenes.

This is probably the track I'd like to get my hands on the most. That guitar intro rocks.

2) Harry's death scene track. Also played during one of Jamie's phone calls to Gillian.

3) Track played when Gillian saves Mika just before Jamie calls him at the end of Act 2. Also played just before Gillian heads out to the Kremlin (heh :D )

If I'm wrong about any of these not being released, or you know of any others, please post about it.
Last edited by Snatcher2047 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kremlin : A Snatcher Fan Site, est. 2000
JustinAaron.com
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

neat, did you take the cd tracks and extract the the vocal script? Or careful recording in game lol? This sounds cool, I've never found the time to handle these, cheers mate!
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

Snatcher2047 wrote:This is probably the track I'd like to get my hands on the most.
Surely he hasn't actually got them yet Plissken?
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I was working oon a very similar line my friend, I am glad you brought this up. I was precisely working in giving the names and versions of all the tracks that are used in the game, that do come in the soundtracks.

I just woke up since I was working at the office till 5 am... but I'll post what I have in a few hours.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Snatcher2047
Runner
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Post by Snatcher2047 »

Added another moment when the third track I mentioned plays. I found it kind of weird that in the Saturn (and I'm assuming PSX) versions that they play "Eternal Promise" instead in that scene just before he leaves for The Kremlin.

But then again, I think I prefer having "Eternal Promise" there since it's a more romantic sounding theme that moreso fits the moment between Mika and Gillian.
JustinAaron.com
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

Jonathan Ingram wrote:
Snatcher2047 wrote:This is probably the track I'd like to get my hands on the most.
Surely he hasn't actually got them yet Plissken?
damnit I over read or skimmed fast, I read this when I was half awake and heading back to bed. eeek! sorry
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I am still swamped with work.
I am really sorry I can't post what I wanted, hopefully during the week will.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Snatcher2047
Runner
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Post by Snatcher2047 »

Hey, sounds good. Whenever you get around to it, because I am looking forward to what you've found.
JustinAaron.com