The REAL Neo Kobe

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Mr. Seed
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Most

The REAL Neo Kobe

Post by Mr. Seed »

So, I'm heading out to Japan this July, and was planning to head down to Kobe, as I'll be doing a round trip to Osaka. I was wondering if there are any actual Snatcher sights to see. The Junker HQ was based on the Konami Omni building, but where and is that based if in existance? I know that Konami moved their headquarters to Port Island Kobe in 1986 (now called the Kobe Building ( ? ), and that there are Konami offices in Roppongi, Tokyo - but I'd like to know if anyone can help me to find Junker HQ? - Its even on the Kobe map in the manual - any ideas?.... thanks!
"Hey, I only do liquid sky...dude!"
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

You lucky somamabitch, i was hoping to go to japan this november, anyways congrats.
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

I don't think the Konami Omni building really exists, at least not the one in Snatcher. The Junker HQ building is almost exactly like a building in Blade Runner, so if there is a Konami Omni building, you can bet your beans it won't look anything like the one in the game.
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

I'm pretty sure the Omni building is fictional. I mean, it got its name from Robocop after all, didn't it?
Gin-Ryu

Post by Gin-Ryu »

Johnny Undaunted wrote:I'm pretty sure the Omni building is fictional. I mean, it got its name from Robocop after all, didn't it?
Robocop?
Are you talking about the OCP building?
Mr. Seed
Runner

Post by Mr. Seed »

As I thought, it doesnt exist - although I does make me wonder what is in the location that is displayed on the Snatcher Neo Kobe map data. Oh well - I'm still going to keep my eye out for Plato's though! :razz:
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Gin-Ryu wrote:
Johnny Undaunted wrote:I'm pretty sure the Omni building is fictional. I mean, it got its name from Robocop after all, didn't it?
Robocop?
Are you talking about the OCP building?
Yes. OCP stands for Omni Consumer Products.
Arjak

My opinion...

Post by Arjak »

I would go to Outer Heaven! :evil:
Mr. Seed
Runner

Post by Mr. Seed »

Does anyone know the general location of the Junker HQ on the 2042/7 neokobe map, in relation to kobe today?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

It would be at the Ocean. Here is an superposition of the map that I just put together, with an official map, and the Neo Kobe one...

As you can see all of Neo Kobe is an extension over the ocean, even the new airport, and the bridge of course...

The info (from the Sega CD dump) is here: http://junkerhq.net/Dumps/SCDSnatcher/SP04.html
Attachments
I'll do a better one for the page
I'll do a better one for the page
Kobe
Kobe
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Mr. Seed
Runner

Post by Mr. Seed »

Do'h - too good to be true. Thanks for the illustration Snatch!
Last edited by Mr. Seed on Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Seed
Runner

Post by Mr. Seed »

I see - that seems about right. Pity - although I am to believe that certain areas such as the Kintano district, where the Gibson's live is near the centre of 'now' Kobe. Much like the image of Gibson's house in Snatcher, this district is renound for having 'westernised' housing architecture... I wonder about the other districts - can anyone refresh my memory as to the name of the dump where Ivan lives... ?