Snatcher Introduction?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Snatcher Introduction?

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

Hey everyone.
I'm a huge Snatcher fan - I've got my sexy Sega CD (Model 2) and a copy* of the game** itself. However, I have a question: How do you view the intro?
I'll explain - When I start a new game with my copy of Snatcher, after going through the OPTIONS menu, it shows the blue "The story, characters... entirely coincidental" screen. However, it doesn't show the intro cut-scene. (From the "This story is dedicated..." screen to the part where Gillian leaves on a Turbocycle.) When I start a new game, it cuts to a turbocycle flying towards Junker HQ with the "Konami Omni Building / Junker Headquarters" text.
How do I access the actual intro? I've waited at the Konami logo and title screen and I've started numerous NEW GAME's. Am I doing something wrong? Am I just confusing the Sega CD version with the others?

Thank you for your help!

* Just to clarify, "copy" meaning actual/official copy, not burned or made from an ISO. :cool:
** I own the US (NTSC) version.
Sure, mainstream games are fun, but you haven't tried Snatcher yet.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

It is quite odd, since that is how the game starts... what music do youhear with that disclaimer? the "Bio Hazard" theem should start there, followed by the "This story is dedicated". This track is actually a CD track (it is track 3, 2:24). Try to listen to it on a cd player just to check it is ok....
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

I'm not familiar with the soundtrack, but Track 3 plays a threatening song that is marked 2:14. (According to WinAmp.) Since the game plays normally and all, I doubt my CD is defective or anything.
However, now that I think about it, I usually hit "Start" when the "coincidental" screen appears, but, if I wait, nothing happens. I tried hitting A, B, and C, but they don't respond. What do you do?

EDIT: By the way, no song plays during the "coincidental" screen.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

then there must be a probelm with your cd or sega cd... or between their specific compatibnility. I would recommend you make a backup, and play from it. Maybe there is a scratch in some sectors that won't allow this to play. Track 3 must start playing around there (will chech the precise moment when I am at home).
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

I've got it working now. I took the CD out, cleaned it, and put it back in, and it worked. I had bought the game used a while back, so I wasn't surprised when I saw all the fingerprints on the back.

Thanks for your help!
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Good to know a precious copy of Snatcher is ok ^^

Enjoy pal.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

Hahaha, yes, we have to preserve every remaining copy. :grin: