Favorite Movies

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

Snatcher wrote:Stating unjustified chlidish opinions, trying to impose them like truth and also trying to get people to insult you on purpose
I HATE BLADE RUNNER :eek: couldn't help myself (I've actually never seen it :()
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Post by ratperson665 »

randomwab wrote:
Snatcher wrote:Stating unjustified chlidish opinions, trying to impose them like truth and also trying to get people to insult you on purpose
I HATE BLADE RUNNER :eek: couldn't help myself (I've actually never seen it :()
Blade Runner is an amazing movie!
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Well, you don't have to confirm that - I think we're all BR fans here. He was making a big joke.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

I myself am waiting until the original cut comes out on DVD later this year. Yeah, that's my excuse.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

The theatrical cut? The new DVD will have that, the '92 Director's Cut and the new Special Edition, which will be the best one to watch I think.
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Yeah, this is something of a minor bump here. Hope you don't mind.

Anyway, since I'm new here I'll start with a simple list of my favourite movies.

1.) Blade Runner - Pretty much a given really, such an atmospherically brilliant film.
2.) Aliens
3.) Tron
4.) Equilibrium
5.) The Terminator & Terminator 2: Judgment Day - I refuse to view the third film as canon.

I'm also quite partial to the works of Sergio Leone.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Cameron fan, eh? I'd say True Lies and The Abyss are also both up there with his best, not to mention the screenplay he knocked out for Strange Days.
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Yeah, you could say I'm something of a Cameron fan. =P

Though I've always loved the Alien films, which reminds me - Alien Resurrection was rather underrated, since in my opinion, it was better than Alien 3. God, I hated Alien 3. Not even Charles Dance could save that film. Don't even get me started on the debacle that was Alien versus Predator.
"Yesterday, we obeyed kings and bent our necks to emperors. But today, we kneel only to truth."

-- Kahlil Gibran
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Ooh, I don't know... Alien³ (heh) to me seemed unmistakenly mediocre, but what I saw of Resurrection struck me as borderline atrocious. The series may have been somewhat salvageable after the third film (although should have just ended really) but the fourth really destroyed any artistic integrity it once had. I remember Sigourney Weaver in an interview talking about Aliens VS Predator saying that they'd made "three good films" and that was enough.

It's a shame considering what a terrific job Cameron did of adapting an Alien sequel in the first place - he managed to avoid the trap of cloning the original resulting in some tedious rehashing (see 'Die Harder') - instead putting it in a totally different genre, and creates a brand new universe in which to set it, while still taking time to flesh out the Ripley character. I genuinely think it's the best movie sequel that's been produced, particularly the Special Edition which somehow manages to be entertaining for almost three hours (much like the longer cut of The Abyss).