snatcher sega cd sound extract?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Legion

snatcher sega cd sound extract?

Post by Legion »

hi there.

i´m playing snatcher on the sega cd know for the third time,and as the intro starts.i came to think about how it would be if i could exchange the music that play´s when the cast list appears with the vangelis blade runner score. thats quiet easy cause that track is an audio track.....
but......
then i thought to change some more ingame music....and there my problem starts....
on the disc everything lies in .bin files....is it possible to extract the files and change them? if its possible...in wich format are they? midi i guess...

i´m now playing the game on the ngens emu for the xbox,awesome :)
next i will start sd snatcher....

thanks for your answer in advance....
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

With the ROM package they're MP3 tracks, and you can replace them with anything as long as the new file has the same filename. It's Snatcher 02.mp3 up to Snatcher 22.mp3. The opening credits are on 04, although it contains scenes of dialogue as well as other such stuff, so you'd have to strategically insert the Blade Runner music into it. Also, the original music plays in the background while Jamie and Gillian are speaking and during the 'mysterious mental fog' narration bit, so I don't know how you'll get around that.
Legion

Post by Legion »

yep i knew that.
my thought was,that i open the 4th track with a sound edit tool,cut only the music out,insert the vangelis theme,the voice acting starts at about 2.30 min,and when it ends i´ll to the rest. a short time befor the voice acting starts there´s a short fade out,so it should fit pretty well....
but...
the ingame music that plays for example when u stand befor the warehouse where jean jack is killed is´nt amongst the mp3 files.
or im just to stupid to find them?....
i´ll check again....the third time.....
but thanks for the answer :)

edit:
22 audio tracks?
i only got 21 mp3´s?.......
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Track 02 to Track 22 is 21 tracks.

The abandoned factory bit is in the ISO, and you can extract it - I believe it tells you how to do so somewhere on this site - though I doubt that you can edit it and actually put it back in.
Legion

Post by Legion »

stupid me..........
thanks i´ll search the site for that info.....
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Actually the above mentiones page is only in regards of extracting voices and sound effects. The music is synthetized in real time by the Genesis/Sega CD, so you'd have to hack into those binary files and cerate tools for extracting and encoding music to be played by the FM and DSP chips.

SO in short, it might be possible, but lots of technical knowledge and time would be needed to change tah tmusic.. and it would not be what you are looking for anyway.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Legion

Post by Legion »

Snatcher wrote:Actually the above mentiones page is only in regards of extracting voices and sound effects. The music is synthetized in real time by the Genesis/Sega CD, so you'd have to hack into those binary files and cerate tools for extracting and encoding music to be played by the FM and DSP chips.

SO in short, it might be possible, but lots of technical knowledge and time would be needed to change tah tmusic.. and it would not be what you are looking for anyway.
ah...ok.
thanks.
i have just watched yesterday blade runner and that thought had crossed my mind :)

thanks for anwering :)