Running a risk?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Snake700
Major

Running a risk?

Post by Snake700 »

I dinínt know where i should post this but since you most talk about Snatcher and Fmsx on PSP i think i should post it here.
Do i run a risk of having a emulator on my PSP i havént got one yet but i just wanna know
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

Well, as with any emulator, you don't run a risk of running the emulator itself, but you do run a risk when you run a copyrighted ROM or DSK file. If all you'll play is homebrew MSX games on the emulator, and you've copied the system ROM files from your very own MSX, then you're perfectly legal. Also, technically, any commercial games you run you must own. That sounds sensible to me, but I've heard Nintendo talking about how that's not true or whatever. Bottom line: if you don't own a hard copy of it, don't run it.
Ozzye

Post by Ozzye »

I don't know about the place you live, but from here I can tell you can run whatever the shit you want, no one cars, but I've been talking to some people in USA and they say that copyright laws really work there, and they really get home users, it's up to you.
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Ozzye wrote:I don't know about the place you live, but from here I can tell you can run whatever the shit you want, no one cars, but I've been talking to some people in USA and they say that copyright laws really work there, and they really get home users, it's up to you.
At the copyrights live in USA none of the live in Denmark but what i really mean is do i run the risk of destorying my PSP
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

Destroy your PSP? Oh, god, no. If you start up fMSX and load the Snatcher DSK file, your PSP's not gonna shut down and display on the screen "YOU HAVE ILLEGALLY EXECUTED AN EMULATED GAME. THE FIRMWARE HAS NOW BEEN WIPED, AND ALL UMD DISCS WILL NOW CEASE TO RUN ON THIS SYSTEM. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SONY."
Ozzye

Post by Ozzye »

No, emulators DO NOT damage the machine, thay may not ru THAT properly but no damage either.
You can run it just at the copyright risks.
Want my opinion? Do it!
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Okay
What?

from Pulp Fiction