Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Re: Current Status (4/26/09): 1 Bug Till Beta

Post by Charlie Johnson »

I did try it, I basically went through every possible option with ePSXe but the result was always the same, the sound was out of sync during FMV's

I'm not sure about pSX though, I might have to try that again, when I did, months ago, the FMV's were in sync but some of them would just end a few seconds too soon. (For example Jonathan's self-introduction, that one broke off in mid-sentence.)

Might as well just be my PC though.
Last edited by Charlie Johnson on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zero Shift
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
PSN: GFX1989

Post by Zero Shift »

I have a question related to piracy. If I buy Policenauts from the japanese PSN store is it ok for me to download an ISO of Policenauts for the english patch?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Zero Shift wrote:I have a question related to piracy. If I buy Policenauts from the japanese PSN store is it ok for me to download an ISO of Policenauts for the english patch?
Would this be because it's cheaper there?
khmr33
Favorite Game: Radiant Silvergun
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear NES
Snatcher CDRomantic
Snatcher Sega CD
Snatcher Sega Saturn
Policenauts PS The Best
Policenauts Sega Saturn
Metal Gear Solid US PS1 Black Bar
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions US PS1
Bleemcast! Metal Gear Solid
Zone Of The Enders US PS2 w/Demo
Zone Of The Enders Premium Package JP PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2 US PS2 Black Bar
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance US PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance US Xbox
The Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2
Zone Of The Enders: The Second Runner US PS2
Boktai The Sun Is In Your Hand
Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 3 US PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Special Edition US PS2
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1
Metal Gear Solid 4 Special Edition US PS3
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 (sealed)
PSN: khmr33
Xbox Live: khmr33

Post by khmr33 »

Zero Shift wrote:I have a question related to piracy. If I buy Policenauts from the japanese PSN store is it ok for me to download an ISO of Policenauts for the english patch?
This is less of a legal issue and more of a moral issue.

Which one is more acceptable?

I bought the PSX and SAT versions of Policenauts from stores in Japan. Since I own them, I can make my own ISO's. They were used though, so Konami/Kojima saw no money from me.

You want to aquire an ISO from someone else, which is generally a no-no, but you want to make up for it by buying a PSN copy for which Konami/Kojima will see some coin.

The thing that frustrates me the most is that PSN (or Steam or any network distribution) should make things cheap enough to do the right thing by your fans, without the fear of losing heaps of cash.

If I were Kojima, I'd fly you all to KP to finish up as an official english version of the game and put it on PSN in the US. Then give all the members of this board a free download coupon... oops carried away there. I also dream of winning the lottery and either making my favorite book into a movie or paying Koji Igarishi to make a full fledged hand-drawn 2-D Castlevania in HD on PS3/X360.
dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver »

slowbeef wrote:
Solfieri wrote:Comrade slowbeef must older than Yoda, for all the romhacking knowledge of the world is contained in his very soul. Keep on rocking, man.
I feel like it sometimes.

I'll be turning 31 on the 26th of June.
Well i will wish you a happy birthday then :D i was born on 26/06/77 lol ahaha ;)
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

khmr33 wrote:paying Koji Igarishi to make a full fledged hand-drawn 2-D Castlevania in HD on PS3/X360.
I'd pay for that as well =)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker
Favorite Game: Snatcher

Post by slowbeef »

Interesting developments in the world of romhacking: http://romhacking.net

This was apparently a major exploit, and sadly, led to the suicide of an IT professional in India (not related to RHDN).

When I was getting my water wings, a lot of resources and people on RHDN were very helpful to me insofar as documentation and advice regarding the finer points of this dark trade.

Next-gen Cowboy, specifically, is an RHDN administrator who was very helpful to me and very supportive of our project, and RHDN even got me to interface a bit with Gemini, the ROMhacker known best for numerous translations - most recently being Persona 2: Innocent Sin.

At any rate, I'd like to wish RHDN luck with getting back to business and recovering from their data loss and hosting exploit.

For those of you wondering, we're far enough along not to be impacted by this.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

slowbeef wrote:At any rate, I'd like to wish RHDN luck with getting back to business and recovering from their data loss and hosting exploit.
I would like to echo this.
Zero Shift

Post by Zero Shift »

Marc wrote:Would this be because it's cheaper there?
That's one of the reasons. I am still thinking about buying it on eBay because I like to have a physical copy, but this just seems way more convenient.
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

Quite a bit has happened since my last visit. First off, I'm sorry to hear about your injury, Marc. My recommendation is to rest and not over-exert yourself. Predictable, yes, but I just wanted to convey my get-well wishes. :P

Second, as a general fan of RHDN, it's a shame they suffered the effects of the server problem. I don't know what to say about the LxLabs boss that committed suicide. It seems the man was suffering from a lot more than the server issue, as the articles explain.
Sure, mainstream games are fun, but you haven't tried Snatcher yet.
The Spoony Hou
Runner

Post by The Spoony Hou »

khmr33 wrote:I also dream of winning the lottery and either making my favorite book into a movie or paying Koji Igarishi to make a full fledged hand-drawn 2-D Castlevania in HD on PS3/X360.
I'd pay for a The Last Blade 1 & 2 Orchestrated Soundtrack. And more Xenosaga games.

And for someone to KILL THAT FUCKING IGARASHI I HATE THAT STUPID FUCK! Damn, Konami, hire someone capable of making good games.
XenoMorph
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, MGS 1, 2, 3 and Metal Gear 1.

Post by XenoMorph »

Regarding the FMV issue in ePSXe...

My new computer hates them. Nothing can make the audio and video go hand in hand.

BUT! My older computer (A P4 3.0Ghz with a Radeon 9600Pro) has never had a problem with FMVs. I once even used frame skip and "FPS limit OFF" options to skip a boring part in an FMV and after returning to default FPS setting mid-movie, the FMV was still in sync.

I've always had more luck emulating PSX games on older hardware than my current workhorse. I think my Quad-Core is jealous.

Oh, and here are the Plug-Ins and configurations I used in case anyone is interested (probably not)

ePSXe version 1.7.0
Graphics:Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77 (
SPU: P.E.Op.S.DSound Audio Driver 1.9 (High Compatibility mode, SPU IRQ enabled)
CDRom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

There's an option called "Unfiltered Framebuffer Updates" in Pete's GPU plugins that is supposed to speed up FMVs. I don't use it myself, but you could try it out coupled with Vsync ON and then Vsync off.
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
Rokuro
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Metal Gear
Metal Gear II
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid II
Metal Gear Solid III
Boktai

Post by Rokuro »

I've always found ePSXe 1.60 more reliable.
1.70 broke a few games as well as had an annoying habit of not doing dual screen full monitor correctly with the same plugins in my experience, crash team racing springs to mind.

Thanks for this trans guys, been lurking a few years, just wanted to sign up, and give my thanks, as well as use the ignore function! (lol that was a good joke!)

You guys are fantastic, thanks again.
BTW playing SEGACD Snatcher for the zillionth time, first time on PSP.
Last edited by Rokuro on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btGrave

Post by btGrave »

Hi to all, especially for the project crew. I'm reading this forum already for 3 or 4 years and just signed up to say "thanks". Well, if this translation project will stop for half of year or greater with some sort of compatibility issues, I'll be waiting for release as much as needed (well, i'm still waiting DNF since 1997 :mrgreen:, and don't want to see another 10-years-or-longer-continued thing). So, good luck!

Sorry for my english.
Let the chainsaw sing and cut them half!
The Spoony Hou
Runner

Post by The Spoony Hou »

Rokuro wrote:EDIT: I know you guys from GAF read this, get a mod to approve my account, its been longer then a year ;_; (The Shape)
Yeah, I hope my account there gets accepted sometime :/.
btGrave wrote:I'll be waiting for release as much as needed (well, i'm still waiting DNF since 1997 :mrgreen:, and don't want to see another 10-years-or-longer-continued thing).
Where's my DNF? Damn those guys.

Also, I waited something like 13 years for Rondo of Blood to be released in the west, and that FUCKING IGARASHI does a remake for the PSP, of all systems. God, I hate that stupid fuck. Still waiting for the game :cry:.

Man, I shoud stop with the off-topic posting.

Er... Hey guys, good luck with the last bug etc etc.

I bet I'm in some ignore lists by now :(.
Andrigaar
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Snatcher - PS/JP
Policenauts - PS/JP
Metal Gear Solid - PS
Metal Gear Solid 2: Subsitence - XB/PC
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsitience - PS2
Xbox Live: Andrigaar

Post by Andrigaar »

The Spoony Hou wrote:Also, I waited something like 13 years for Rondo of Blood to be released in the west, and that FUCKING IGARASHI does a remake for the PSP, of all systems. God, I hate that stupid fuck. Still waiting for the game :cry:.
Blah blah. The only time the 3D is ever a problem is that 3D ledges and perspective make me jump early to my death every now and then. Besides, if you can finish the first '3 or '4 levels you can unlock SotN and the 2D Rondo.
:D
Rokuro
Metal Gear
Metal Gear II
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid II
Metal Gear Solid III
Boktai

Post by Rokuro »

/sidesteps topic
3D Castlevania ewwwwww
The latest one from Kojima looks great though, I <3 Patrick Stewart.

/topic
Anyone know where I can find a good eboot with those awesome backgrounds and icons for psp?
Might as well throw in snatcher as im planning on buying the psx version too, and the pc engine version, saturn last, my saturn is broke and emulation is kaka. (would love to have all the different CD versions for the soundtracks)
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Rokuro wrote:/sidesteps topic
3D Castlevania ewwwwww
The latest one from Kojima looks great though, I <3 Patrick Stewart.

/topic
Anyone know where I can find a good eboot with those awesome backgrounds and icons for psp?
Might as well throw in snatcher as im planning on buying the psx version too, and the pc engine version, saturn last, my saturn is broke and emulation is kaka. (would love to have all the different CD versions for the soundtracks)
I just managed to get my saturn emulator working, if you want some help with that. Policenauts runs fine on the one I'm using.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Rokuro
Metal Gear
Metal Gear II
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid II
Metal Gear Solid III
Boktai

Post by Rokuro »

Yabause and SSF is bound to crap out somewhere though, same with Satourne.
I'd rather wait till Yabause is a bit more mature.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Or you could use Cassini, since it works with everything I've tried with it.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
The Spoony Hou
Runner

Post by The Spoony Hou »

Andrigaar wrote:
The Spoony Hou wrote:Also, I waited something like 13 years for Rondo of Blood to be released in the west, and that FUCKING IGARASHI does a remake for the PSP, of all systems. God, I hate that stupid fuck. Still waiting for the game :cry:.
Blah blah. The only time the 3D is ever a problem is that 3D ledges and perspective make me jump early to my death every now and then. Besides, if you can finish the first '3 or '4 levels you can unlock SotN and the 2D Rondo.
But I said nothing about 3D :o.

Of course, I prefer the original version, and that's mostly because they fucked up the remake. They didn't rebalance the enemy positioning for the widescreen display... They didn't even adapt the backgrounds correctly for widescreen. They should've added borders if they are too dumb to properly remake the game.
Zero Shift

Post by Zero Shift »

Going back to my previous post about buying Policenauts from the japanese PSN store. I decided to buy it from eBay instead. I figured it would cost me about the same amount of money anyway because if I would want to buy a japanese psn card I would go for the 3000 yen one and the price on it is about the same amount I would have to pay for Policenauts on eBay. So I looked and found a preety cheap copy, all there is to do now is wait for it to show up in my mail.
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker

Post by slowbeef »

By the by, Artemio confirmed the patch works on all 3 versions (The Best, Books, original) of Policenauts, so don't worry about which one you have/want to buy.
Zero Shift

Post by Zero Shift »

I bought the original version of the game.

and btw. I can't believe I didn't see this vid sooner
I hope there's not a lot of people like him out there. Please don't stop the romhack slowbeef :P

edit: maybe I should not have posted this vid here since he does spoil everything in the game as you guys mentioned
Andrigaar
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Snatcher - PS/JP
Policenauts - PS/JP
Metal Gear Solid - PS
Metal Gear Solid 2: Subsitence - XB/PC
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsitience - PS2
Xbox Live: Andrigaar

Post by Andrigaar »

The Spoony Hou wrote:
Andrigaar wrote:
But I said nothing about 3D :o.

Of course, I prefer the original version, and that's mostly because they fucked up the remake. They didn't rebalance the enemy positioning for the widescreen display... They didn't even adapt the backgrounds correctly for widescreen. They should've added borders if they are too dumb to properly remake the game.
If I prefer the original, it's only because I'm a crusty old gamer who holds onto his pixel art.

The game was fine to me, but you've also got to remember that the PSP is a handheld. Advanced 3D hardware will murder the tiny LiON battery. I recall comments about Phantasy Star Portable likening it to a PSX game with texture filtering. Stil, it plays SotN flawlessly, so therefore I love that package. However, I'm not sure I'll ever have the patience and skill to finish level '5. Meaning I may never unlock the 4th game on the wee disc.
:D