Copy Right issues?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Xiu

Copy Right issues?

Post by Xiu »

Hey there!

I am currently adapting Snatcher for the silver screen with my screenplay and was wondering what problems I might run in to. Such as when I send it to a production company? What would happen if they liked it and wanted to make it, would they have to aquire the rights of Konami or Hideo? And do you think it would be really expensive?

I am in firm belief that Snatcher would make an excellent movie with a few minor tweaks and would love to see it become a reality.

Can anyone shed some light on what problems I might face? THX!! :)
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

What's the point? A screenplay of Snatcher is hardly going to differ much from the actual game, and if they decide to make it - they won't; affectionate movie homages are all very well in a videogame, but as a movie it may just get dismissed as a Blade Runner ripoff - I'm sure they'd rather just write the screenplay themselves (which wouldn't be difficult) rather than paying you to do so.
Xiu

Post by Xiu »

I appreciate what you're saying but what I'm writing differs from the game somewhat and involves a global conspiracy from the snatchers. Besides they might they think it wouldn't be any good as a movie. You never know they might like the script. I think snatcher differs from bladerunner quite a lot. The Nexus 6 want more life and are synthetic where as Snatchers are Cyborgs and take peoples identities. The only real similarity I can see is that of special termination squads from the police service.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Well, yes, I was thinking mainly of J.U.N.K.E.R., but also Gillian's clothing and general appearance, his gun, the hovercars and all of the sort of Japanese scenery. I just don't know if they'd get away with it. If you're changing it a bit then I suppose it isn't too bad an idea - I guess the people you're sending it to won't have played Snatcher anyway. Are you keeping the ending? It's possible that they'd want something with a little more closure, unless of course they want a sequel.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Maybe Gillian isn't in his script?
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Well, he probably is, isn't he?
LOVE OF HATE

Post by LOVE OF HATE »

I don’t think s/he would be able to do that. Wouldn't it be against some copyrights using likeness characters from Konami game? :???:
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Rick Deckard wrote:Well, he probably is, isn't he?
Does Blade Runner for the PC feature Deckard?

I'm sure he probably is in his script, but you could write a good Snatcher film (maybe even a better one) with a new main character.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Osiris wrote:
Rick Deckard wrote:Well, he probably is, isn't he?
Does Blade Runner for the PC feature Deckard?
He's on the shooting range scoreboard and he's mentioned a few times, so yes!
Osiris wrote:I'm sure he probably is in his script, but you could write a good Snatcher film (maybe even a better one) with a new main character.
I doubt you could write a better one. If you replace Gillian, it isn't really Snatcher. I don't see the point in that.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I know his name is mentioned in the game, but he isn't a featured character. You knew what I meant. Deckard isn't a real character in the game, and it's still good without him, even if the two characters are similar. They replaced Deckard, and it was still Blade Runner.

A Snatcher work without Gillian would feature a similar type of character, like another JUNKER, but just because it isn't him, doesn't mean it wouldn't be worth playing/watching. Look at Gibson, look at all the other JUNKERS who were killed before. A prequel with one of them would be interesting.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Possibly. I suppose adopting the game's plot would be potentially far less interesting since Snatcher fans are your primary target audience, and they know it all already, but then again I seriously doubt anyone could write a story set in the Snatcher universe that's better than Kojima's original. Even if Kojima wrote it.
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

Rick Deckard wrote:Possibly. I suppose adopting the game's plot would be potentially far less interesting since Snatcher fans are your primary target audience, and they know it all already, but then again I seriously doubt anyone could write a story set in the Snatcher universe that's better than Kojima's original. Even if Kojima wrote it.
Agreed, i know they're so many snatcher fans...that also happen to be very young that believe they can create a sequel, movie, book,ect...ect. But the truth is, is that most people cant compare to the talents of the pros(Kojima), and most people dont want to see this kind of movie because...lets face it, people to day are dumbasses with shitty tastes. Sure once in a blue moon we get a good movie, but the over flowing crap washes it all out. Prob most people here have thought of their own stories, me included.
But Instead of snatcher, you should read some books, Philip K Dick seeing how A Scanner Darkly is coming out, plus it would give you some original ideas, not another version of Blade Runner. Of course it would be nice to see, but you have realize that chances are slim. But if you really think you can do it, then go for it.

Oh and Id like to see what your making, have you made a story or just the screenplay?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I think he did a better job with Policenauts. Maybe his best writing out of all his games. I hope you guys get to experience it someday.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

*bad grammar here* Osiris may as well have wrote:I think he did a better job with Policenauts. Maybe his best writing out of all his games. I hope you peasants get to experience it someday.
Kidding. But certainly. I wish he'd start writing good stuff again. I'd probably consider Snatcher, Policenauts (no idea why actually - I've not experienced any of it - it just strikes me as probably being rather good) and Metal Gear Solid his 'classics' and everything else before and since a bit average really. MGS3 in particular struck me as being something written by someone trying to imitate Kojima and as such felt a bit unoriginal generally.

Policenauts isn't in the Snatcher universe, though, shurley?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Rick Deckard wrote:Policenauts isn't in the Snatcher universe, though, shurley?
Indeed. As much as Snatcehr is in the Metal gear Universe. They reference each other (backwards I mean), but that is about it.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

One character from Snatcher has a cameo in Policenauts. Makes you wonder why because it's 2 years before Snatcher and he/she talks as if the events in Snatcher have all happened already. But it's all right that it doesn't make sense, that probably makes it funnier anyway.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

Waitaminit, HE'S writing a screenplay? I did it first! I thought of it first! And most importantly, I WROTE it first! Don't copy my idea, you fool, you!
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Yes, but yours was terrible. And I don't think you're the first person to have ever thought of doing something like that, so he's hardly 'copying your idea,' because it isn't really your idea to copy.
Arjak

Post by Arjak »

Rick, I just want to say that you're a real @$$hole, you know that? All you ever do is criticise others and put them down. Everytime someone tries to do something that you don't like, you treat them like dirt. If I was a moderator here, I'd probabily have banned you by now. I've had it over my head with you. And before you say everyone else is not nearly as good as you are which is obviously true. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror, dick. :x
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

Woah Arjak calm down, he has his opinion. Dont need to go crazy, and 8bit theres no reason to get mad at a guy/girl... whos trying to do something that many people have done before you.
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.

Post by 8bitsonic »

How are you so sure? I'm not going to deny the notion that others before me may have adapted Snatcher as a screenplay, but I will say that I am the first person in the history of this board to do so. Sorry. Can't argue with that statement I just made.
Xiu

Post by Xiu »

Don't panic all major characters are still in there from Gillian to Randam to Mika. Metal gear isn't a bi-ped robot he hovers or flies which ever you prefer. The screenplay has more action in general, more terminations from Gillian and Randam but it mirrors the sega cd quite closely. The ending is different. All I'll say is that the snatchers make a move to rid the world of humans through nuclear war!

If I send it to a producer and they want to make it I suppose they would have to aqcuire the rights of Konami.

I did think of creating it with new characters but I wanted to stay loyal to the game, besides the fans would hopefully welcome it more. It will still make sense to a new audience. while it does mirror the game quite a lot there are new elements thrown in.

I'm currently writing the screenplay but won't show it until it's complete but when it's finished I'll post it here in PDF format for you to look at. If you want to have a taste of my imagination/writing skills the peer down to the bottom of this post for a scene from my other up coming screenplay.

I am trying my hardest to make the Snatcher script a good one because like most of us here I love the game and it still ranks as my No.1 favourite game of all time closely followed by Final Fantasy 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, for all those of you who can be bothered I've posted a scene from my "SoulStar" script. The scene is from about 60mins in and takes place mostly at "GameZone" a futurisic arcade. The screenplay is a Sci-Fi action suspence. I've tried to capture the essence of anime/manga.

Pronounciation guide:

Syalez - Si-Lez
Kwybo - Kwi-Bo
Jenever - Jen-E-Ver

EXT. GAMEZONE ARCADE - NIGHT

Syalez lands his sky bike out front of the flash futuristic games arcade.
Two flags brandish Gamezone's logo above the main entrance doors'.

He dismounts and walks into the joint.

EXT. LONDON - AIRSPACE - BIG BEN - NIGHT

KWYBO (26) flies high past the bright face of Big Ben on a air board.

Kwybo is chased through the air by several armed thugs on air boards.

The thugs fire round after round at Kwybo.

Bullets miss their mark due to Kwybo’s excellent evasion techniques.

BACKALLEY

Kwybo flies down to street level and jumps off his air board. He sprints down a steamy, darkened backalley.

ROOFTOPS

The thugs land on the backalley’s rooftops. They continue pursuit. Kwybo is in their sights as they dart across the roofs.

Still in motion the armed gang fire down at Kwybo.

Bullets whizz past Kwybo and tear into brickwork next to him.

Kwybo fires up at the thugs. He hits one of them in the chest. A beam of light erupts from the bullet wound.

Cracks of light break out all over the thugs body. He lets out a spine chilling scream and then falls of the roof.

He hits the floor then his body turns into a black cloud of smoke and vapors into the air.

Kwybo continues his dash down the alley and fires more rounds up at the thugs.

He manages to pick off the rest, one by one. They also fall down, erupt into bright light then vapor into the air.

With all the thugs gone he arrives at a dead end. He is faced with a huge metal shutter garage door. Spotlights turn on and focus on Kwybo.

The garage door opens. When it’s fully open there stands an enormous android with guns for arms.

Kwybo’s eyes widen with fear. He shoots a few rounds at the android, they bounce off.

ANDROID
You do not have the right access code.
You may not pass. I am now authorized
to use deadly force!

The robot’s tripod hand claws open up to reveal a three barreled machine gun on each arm.

The android lets rip furiously with bullets. They tear Kwybo apart.

ANDROID
Gameover. Have a nice day, please
come again.

INT. GAMEZONE ARCADE - ARENA - NIGHT

Inside the dimly lit arena are lots of banners that advertise the latest games of which one is called "Air boarders."

The arena is littered with capsules most of which have gamers plugged into them. They lay motionless.

An ATTENDANT by Kwybo’s capsule presses a few buttons on the side of the pod. The glass door slides up. He greets Kwybo who has grey hair, stubble and weathered skin he looks more like 65 now.

ATTENDANT
Welcome back man. Did you enjoy
this weeks jack up?

KWYBO
I couldn’t get past that
mechanical bastard again,
I keep on forgetting the key.

ATTENDANT
Maybe next time you should play as
Shereena, she gets the key by default.
(beat)
How was the pain threshold?

KWYBO
A little high. Those bullets hurt. I swear
I’d be in less pain if I had my eyes ripped
out with a shovel.

Kwybo shakes his head and adjusts back to reality.

He steps out of the capsule.

KWYBO
I think next time I’ll be a tiger
and stalk some wildebeests.

ATTENDANT
Nah man you should try "Bite" it’s new in
next week. You get to play as a deadly
great white and patrol the waters off a
Caribbean island hunting any poor suckers
that dare to enter the water.

KWYBO
Sounds delicious, looking forward to getting
my teeth into that one already.

ATTENDANT
That reminds me, some guy is asking for
you at reception.

KWYBO
Who is it?

ATTENDANT
He didn’t give a name but if you ask me
he looks a little out of place, be careful.

Kwybo walks over to the reception area.

INT. GAMEZONE ARCADE - RECEPTION - NIGHT - CONTINUOUS

Kwybo stands in the lonely reception area where he sees Syalez with his back to him.

KWYBO
Can I help you?

Syalez turns around to face him.

KWYBO
Hey, look who it is, long time no see.
What grave did they dig you up from.

Syalez looks puzzled

SYALEZ
Do I know you?

KWYBO
Well you should, I’m Kwybo, were old
friends. What’s the matter, you don’t
even recognize me.

SYALEZ
I’m sorry but today has been the single
most weird experience of my life.

KWYBO
Where you been man? You don’t write,
you don’t call, I ain’t seen you in years,
decades even. What’s going on?

SYALEZ
I have know idea who I am. All I know is
that I’m a wanted man, people are after me.

KWYBO
Ain’t nothing new there. We’ve always been
wanted men. Come here man, let me take a
look at you.

Syalez steps forward nervously.

KWYBO
You look like sh*t! Don’t tell me you’re
still a vegetarian. Man, how many times
I gotta tell you, it’s flesh for flesh that’ll
keep you healthy.

SYALEZ
I haven’t touched any food since
I’ve been awake.

KWYBO
Awake? Where you been man? Oh, I get it,
you’ve had a lot of shut eye over in the
tubes. I told you not to go there
and that my sisters place in Italy was a
better plan, but you never took my advice
and you disappeared. I thought the agency
bumped you off after our last job.

SYALEZ
Job, what job?

KWYBO
You don’t remember the Mona Lisa?

SYALEZ
Afraid not.

KWYBO
We stole it my friend from one of the
most secure galleries in the world and
got even richer.

SYALEZ
I’m a thief?

KWYBO
An exceptional one, just like me. Hell,
me and you were the best team this
planet has ever known. There wasn’t
no job to big that we couldn’t handle.

SYALEZ
How could I not remember that?

KWYBO
Sounds like those butchers mentally
raped you, wiping your memories. sh*t,
there practically giving memory transfers
away these days.

SYALEZ
Something is seriously wrong with this
city. I can feel it and I can see it. I
think an outside force has come.

KWYBO
Who like, the C.I.A?

SYALEZ
I mean more like not human. I was just
involved in a fire fight over at the bank.

KWYBO
Did you kill anybody?

SYALEZ
Well they looked dead then they just
got up as if the bullets didn’t even touch them.
(beat)
I need to know who I am. I feel like an
abandoned astronaut floating through
space. Nothing makes any sense.

KWYBO
I remember now, just before you got up
and vanished you talked about finding
the most dangerous artefact in the world
hidden within a well know corporation,
but you didn’t say which one. You said it
had the power to destroy all life on earth.
Those were your last words to me man.

SYALEZ

Artefact?

KWYBO

Yeah. This is gonna sound a little weird
as it did to me the first time I heard it.
You told me that it was alien in design
and didn’t come from this planet.

SYALEZ
Do you know where it is now?

KWYBO

Hey man, you didn’t show me sh*t or tell
me where you hid it and then you were gone.

SYALEZ
Family, I had a family.

KWYBO
That’s the biggest tragedy of all. I guess you
don’t remember. How can I break this to you.
(beat)
Your wife, Jenever was savaged to death.
To this day it remains a mystery what killed her man.

Syalez collapses to his knees.

INT. HOSPITAL - RECEPTION - DAY - (FLASHBACK)

Inside the reception area are a few people waiting to see doctors. Nurses pace up and down the wing and the desk is manned by a receptionist.

The elevators doors' slide open and out steps Syalez in a smart suit and tie. He holds a bouquet of colorful flowers.

He walks over to Verona (54) the Chinese receptionist.

SYALEZ
Good afternoon Verona. How’s my second
favorite woman in the whole world?

Verona greets Syalez with a radiant smile.

VERONA
You smooth talker, flattery will get you
everywhere. Jenever is in her office. She’s
expecting you. You’re a little late today.

Syalez lifts up the flowers.

SYALEZ
These should do the trick. I doubt she’ll
be expecting them.

VERONA
I see romance isn’t dead with you Mr. Korell.

SYALEZ
Not with me, but I think it died a long time
ago in this city.

Syalez smiles and continues to Jenever’s office down the hall.

He arrives at her office.

He KNOCKS on the door. There’s no reply.

With the door slightly ajar he goes in.

He doesn’t see anybody so Syalez heads for the bathroom door.

SYALEZ
Hey honey, it’s me. Sorry about last night.
I was out of line. I don’t know why I said
those things, you were right. We should
go abroad more.

He doesn’t get any response and opens the bathroom door.

INT. HOSPITAL - JENEVER’S OFFICE - BATHROOM - CONTINUOUS

Syalez drops the flowers and sees a human sized reptile eating his wife’s corpse. Blood is everywhere, all over the shower curtain, toilet and tiles.

Shock, disgust and disbelief cross Syalez’s face.

The reptile looks up, sticks out his tongue as blood drips down his jaw.

He then stands slowly to face Syalez. His tail swings from side to side.

The thing lets out some sort of ear piercing battle cry and rams his claws into Syalez’s stomach. The other hand pushes Syalez across the floor. He slides into the office and slams into the desk.

Blood soaks his shirt around the abdomen area.

INT. HOSPITAL - JENEVER’S OFFICE - CONTINUOUS

The beast walks slowly to Syalez in the office.

REPTILE
(alien dialect)
You shall be the dessert.

A nurse’s voice comes from just outside Jenever’s office.

NURSE
What’s all the commotion? Are you alright?

She opens the office door to be met with the reptile that stands over Syalez.

The monster turns to look at her and licks the air, his eyes glow green.

She SCREAMS.

The reptile morphs into a athletically built white man mid 30’s.

He winks at her. He runs for the window and jumps through it. The glass shatters into a thousand pieces.

He falls several floors and lands perfectly on the sidewalk without a scratch. The man runs across the street and disappears into the city.

INT. GAMEZONE - RECEPTION - NIGHT - (REALITY)

Still on his knees Syalez clutches his stomach and vomits violently.

KWYBO
Are you alright man? You want a
glass of water or something?

Syalez steadies himself and stands up.

SYALEZ
I’ll be fine. This crap keeps happening to
me. Feels like I’m going insane.

KWYBO
I guess you’re having problems adjusting
back to reality. Ain’t that just a kick in the a*s.

Syalez pulls out the half torn photograph. He shows it to Kwybo.

KWYBO
Oh man, you don’t remember, do you.
That looks like your son to me.

SYALEZ
Son, I have a son?

KWYBO
You did, but you put him into an orphanage
when he was young. I don’t know which
one though.

SYALEZ
Those things are after me now. If they know
who I am then he’ll be in danger. I have to
find him some how.

KWYBO
That shouldn’t be too hard, he’s everywhere you look.

SYALEZ
I don’t get it.

KWYBO
He’s a big star, the legendary rapper M.C Syrez man.
People love him except the government who have tried
to silence him many times.
(beat)
If you really want to find him I suggest you try
tonight’s flyball match over at Madison Square Gardens,
he’ll be there. It ain’t going to be easy to get close to
him with all his bodyguards and sh*t.

Syalez places one hand on his head and the other out in front of him so he doesn’t fall over. His knees buckle slightly.

Kwybo realizes that he’s about to have another episode.

KWYBO

Hey man, I’m over here. Snap back, you’re sliding again.

Too late Syalez is crippled, arches over his stomach.

EXT. GAMEZONE - STREET - NIGHT - (PREMONITION)

Five elite troopers in full riot gear and oxygen masks line up against gamezone’s outside wall. They have their weapons drawn.

The guards talk with a muffled electronic pitch.

ELITE GUARD# 1
Suspect is armed and in sight, approach
with caution. Number two you take point.

ELITE GUARD# 2
Ready on my mark, proceeding forward.

The elites shuffle in the direction of gamezones’ entrance doors.

INT. GAMEZONE - RECEPTION - NIGHT - (REALITY)

Kwybo grabs hold of Syalez and shakes him.

KWYBO

sh*t man, what have they done to you.
I’m here try to focus.

Syalez regains his senses and stares at Kwybo with urgency.

SYALEZ
There coming, we got to get out of here.

KWYBO
Coming? Who’s coming?

SYALEZ
I don’t know and I don’t want to find out.
Just trust me it isn’t safe anymore. We got
to go now.

KWYBO

I ain’t going nowhere. No ones going to push me
away. This place is my life now.

SYALEZ
I’m not joking these people don’t mess around.
There packing heat.

KWYBO
sh*t who cares even my mother carries a full
auto these days. Look man I’ll tell you what,
hide behind that door over there and I will get
rid of them, OK.

SYALEZ
Be careful and don’t give them any excuse.

KWYBO
Don’t worry gringo, now vanish.

Syalez hastily makes his way to the door
and hides behind it. He leaves the door a
little ajar.

The elite troops burst in through the door in squad formation.

ELITE GUARD# 2
No visual on the suspect, confirm number one.

ELITE GUARD# 1
We have no target in vicinity.

Syalez watches through the slightly open door.

Kwybo tries to attract their attention away from the search.

KWYBO
Hey squaddies, my favorite type of customers.
What can we do for you? Let me guess,
you’ve been hidden away at boot camp so
long you got achy ball syndrome.

With flashlights attached to their weapons they train on Kwybo. He illuminates. They move forward slowly.

KWYBO (cont’d)
You’re in luck, we have a new hot a*s game
called "Temptress." You play as a pimp hiring
smoking babes from around the world and you
get to sample the merchandise. The best part
is you don’t need any protection cause the only
thing you’ll catch from this one is a major woody.

The elites approach Kwybo.

A pitched forked serpents tail emerges from out of the back of elite# 1.

The tail swings around and stabs at Kwybo’s chest. It pierces right through the body and pokes out the other side between the shoulder blades.

Kwybo SCREAMS.

Blood dribbles down Kwybo’s face as he’s lifted into the air.

Syalez sees Kwybo’s demise. His eyes dilate with terror.

ELITE GUARD# 1
The pain you’re feeling is real. This is not a game.
Now where is he?

KWYBO
I don’t know who you’re talking about you mutant fu*k.

Elite# 1 pushes the tail in even further.

ELITE GUARD# 1
I won’t ask again mammal.

KWYBO
See you on the other side dipshit.

Kwybo raises a smile and flips him the bird. His head slumps forward. He’s dead.

Elite# 1 withdraws his tail rapidly and discards the body to the floor with a CRASH.

Syalez stumbles behind the door and KNOCKS over a sweeping brush.

The elites swing their flashlights and focus on the door.

Syalez panics and runs up the stairwell behind him.

The posse of elites zero in on the door and open it.

They see the fallen brush and hear footsteps that come down the stairwell.

ELITE GUARD# 1
Potential target on the move. Team regroup, pace fast.

They move double time up the steps.

EXT. GAMEZONE ARCADE - ROOFTOP - NIGHT

The roof is mainly gravel with many vents and fume outlets. There is a perimeter knee high wall along the edge of the roof.

The fire door bursts open and out runs Syalez.

He looks around and despairs as he realizes that he is five stories up and no joining roofs to escape on.

Syalez hurries to the edge of the roof and looks down.

A sky car flies past at breakneck speed that almost sucks him off the ledge.

He hears the elites, who climb the stairs and close in fast.

ELITE GUARD# 1
Approaching target, Move move move.

Syalez looks at his watch.

He presses the activate button and taps the forward directional arrow.

WATCH
Vehicle now in motion.

EXT. GAMEZONE - CARPARK - NIGHT

Syalez’s sky bike leaps into life and takes off unmanned.

The bike flies out of the carpark and swerves around the side of gamezone. It gains momentum and altitude.

EXT. GAMEZONE - ROOFTOP - NIGHT

Syalez plays with the buttons on the watch. He guides the bike through space and towards him.

The squad of elites storm through the fire door two by two and file out on to the roof.

ELITE GUARD# 1
Civilian in sight, confirm.

ELITE GUARD# 2
Suspect is target, initiate detainment mode.

Syalez turns and sees the formation of the guards who speak at him with their electronic pitch.

ELITE GUARD# 1
You’re under arrest. Don’t move, hands on your head, slowly.

Syalez raises his hands and plants them on the head.

The pack shuffle towards him with quick pace.

Syalez stands uncomfortably on the ledge.

Elite# 2 drops out a pair of handcuffs.

The guards reach for Syalez’s arms as he looks over his shoulder at the measurable fall.

He turns and smiles then jumps of the ledge backwards.

The elites lower their weapons with disbelief to what they just witnessed.

ELITE GUARD# 1
Lost visual on target.

They peer down the structure to see if Syalez is splattered all over the sidewalk.

SKY BIKE (V.O.)
Front arm activated.

Reunited with his sky bike, Syalez HOWLS up the side of Gamezones wall and into the air. He bears down on them.

SYALEZ
Here’s an education, today’s lesson is pain.

With the tables turned he unleashes a fury of hell. The miniguns’ bullets tear and rip apart the elites.

Green blood splatters over the gravel.

They all violently collapse to the floor.

Syalez maneuvers the bike around and rockets away.

The elites bullet wounds heal as if they were never hit.

They stand up and watch as Syalez flies into the city.

ELITE GUARD# 2
What now?

ELITE GUARD# 1
This failure will not be tolerated. We still
have time before our deadline.

ELITE GUARD# 3
The indigo masters will have the foresight
now, to predict his next move.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I hoped you like, if you want more I'll post the beginning if you like. This screenplay will be on www.triggerstreet.com soom in the next month.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

8bitsonic wrote:How are you so sure? I'm not going to deny the notion that others before me may have adapted Snatcher as a screenplay, but I will say that I am the first person in the history of this board to do so. Sorry. Can't argue with that statement I just made.
Heh, no, fair enough. I am willing to allow you that honour. You really ought to start filming it, though.

Dog in a box and all that.

Arjak wrote:Rick, I just want to say that you're a real @$$hole, you know that?
So, phonetically, I'm an 'at dollar dollar hole'? Ridiculous! Why not just say "asshole," or, preferably, "arsehole" - I suppose for the extra 'R' you could do a backwards one like the one in the name of that band that you always see inexplicably scrawled on the side of books... Why do they do it? They don't even put 'are good' at the end or anything. Essentially they're just letting people know that the band exists, which isn't useful really. I'd rather not have that information, to be honest. Bunch of sub-clown tossers. Unless that's the other one. I don't know.

Xiu wrote:EXT. LONDON - AIRSPACE - BIG BEN - NIGHT
You've got to give Big Ben a digital face; it would be brilliant. I'm sure I must have subconsciously picked that up from somewhere else though - it seems like too good an idea to be something I've just made up.
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

Rick Deckard wrote:You really ought to start filming [your Snatcher movie], though.

Dog in a box and all that.
I still want to use a RAD robot. Paint it blue.