English voices?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

Aaaaaaaaaaah, that makes sense.... Then it's a different kind of sentimentality, huh lol...
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Well I'll tell you why I picked Nolan. From everything I know about Jonathan, I think he fits very well. I don't know if he's the best, but I'd certainly put him on a shortlist. Likewise with Greg Eagles for Ed.

Now for Gatse, I think Patrick Stewart's fee would be well over the budget of the entire localization! But you know, one guy who I always thought would be a great Gatse is Geoffrey Palmer. Anyone from the UK should know who he is.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uf3stAG_d-k
Junker Gear Snatcher
Favorite Game: (Ask me sometime, PMs welcome)
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid series (all of them)
-MGS1
-MGS2
-MGS3
-MGS4
-MGS: Portable Ops
-MGS: Portable Ops +
-MGS: Digital Graphic Novel
Snatcher
(Policenauts someday, thanks to you dedicated folks.)

Re: English voices?

Post by Junker Gear Snatcher »

Jonathan and Ed COULD be played by their MGS4 counterparts. They don't have many lines, and given some decent context, they could surprise us.

Steven Blum is a GREAT VA, with tons of scale. Play Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus and listen to his five different voices (two for PO and three for DoC)

To be honest, the Japanese VA for Jonathan, kinda reminded of Metal Gear's early Japanese trailers, and I wouldn't mind David Hayter to do the voice, but seriously he doesn't need his Snake voice.

I've only started Policenauts, and gave up before I finished the prologue, so I can't voice my opinion on the other characters. Although I thought Lorraine sounded kinda like Kim Mai Guest's unaccented Mei Ling.

Guide/translation or no, I can't enjoy it, knowing someday I can play a subbed version (this translation project) and play this great game at my OWN pace.

Thanks, Team, all of you working and have contributed to this, past and present, it's a rare treat to play an Japanese game at your own pace...
----------------------------------
Listening to my own "Policenaudio."
Author with one finished book,
six others on the go.
Generally friendly.
Good looking too.

And yet I still find time to be a Junker.
JimboKudo
Major

Re: English voices?

Post by JimboKudo »

Both Steven Blum and Scott Mcneil would probably both be good for Jonathan. I haven't played much of the game yet, so I'm not sure if Mcneil's more comedic style would fit, or would Blum's darker voice style work better.
I'd never seen Scott Mcneil before watching that video. He seems pretty funny outside of his voice acting too. My friend's girlfriend knows him, but I don't really hang out with her much, so I haven't gotten to meet him yet.