God damm it!

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.

PS3 is delayed to March 2007 in Europe, while America & Japan get´s it in November. Your opinion?

I knew from the anouncement of the PS3 date, that Sony chould´ent keep thier promise
17%
At least we´ll get a bug free PS3
25%
Sony dosen´t care about Europe.....
8%
and neither do i....
50%

Total votes: 12

Snake700
Major

God damm it!

Post by Snake700 »

The PS3 has been delayed in Europe to March 2007. GOD DAMM IT!
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

It was doubtful from the start that they could deliver the initial promose... but anyway, you know that it will start until 2007.. meanwhiel there will be no good games, like on any launch.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

I'm honestly going to save my money till the 2nd gen firmwared PS3 comes out, it looks like a gamble and a rip-off in itself that they are coming out with 2 alone (versions) as is.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

Snatcher wrote:there will be no good games, like on any launch.
Oh ho ho!

N64: Super Mario 64
SNES: Super Mario World, Pilotwings
Dreamcast: Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure

To name a few.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Ok, I stand corrected, but the generalization stands anyway (those are exceptions and we were talking about sony, i should have made that clear).

it is interesting to note that the cases you noted were huge exceptions though. Two Mario games that were the basis for the console launch (a Nintendo tradition that has proved great). Sonic Adventure would be the same formula. Soul Calibur was a port that was running on a Hardware planned for porting fast (not agame developed for the machine, in reality).

Pilotwings would be the only surpirse there... But it was only launch at the US.. in Japan it was released later and it coincided with the US release.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

N64's Japanese launch had only Mario 64, Pilotwings, and this obscure shogi game.
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.

Post by 8bitsonic »

Snatcher wrote:Pilotwings would be the only surpirse there... But it was only launch at the US.. in Japan it was released later and it coincided with the US release.
Yeah, the Super Famicom launched in Japan with SMW and F-Zero, I believe. Another great game!

Game Boy had Tetris packed in- best pack-in ever. I believe Super Mario Land was also available at launch.

And the Famicom had Donkey Kong! Swell launch title, for 1983 at least.
ActiveAero

Post by ActiveAero »

I think the main point not mentioned is that not only is Sony delaying the European launch they are reducing the holiday seaon launch units by nearly half in both the US and Japan.

The TOTAL consoles for the entire launch in BOTH the U.S. and Japan is only 500,000 of which only 100,000 will be avaiblable in Japan.

That's similar to the Xbox360 launch numbers except for the following huge differences:

The 360 had no competition. The limited launch numbers just helped hype the system that much more and people that wanted one eventually got it. The PS3 will be in limited numbers while trying to compete with both the 360 and the Wii, both of which are priced much cheaper. You also have to remember that the 360 was following in the footsteps of the original Xbox which has a MUCH smaller fan base than that of the PS2 and even then it was still hard to find for the first few months. Imagine what the Xbox 360 launch would have been like with TWICE as many people clamoring to get their hands on one and I think you'll have a good idea what's about to happen come November with the PS3. This means twice the number of people that won't be getting a console for the first few months which just gives them more time to pick up a Wii or 360 instead.
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

That´s right. Mircosoft wins this time i think
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

Sony will really struggle with this one. Good luck to them, but it all reeks of the Saturn, to me.
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

I'm considering importing the PS3 from the States, since it's supposedly region-free and then buying an appropriate adapter converter of some kind. It should be cheaper too since it's in dollars, which means less money for me.

Or failing that I might just go ahead and buy the Nintendo Wii. The controller intrigues me.
"Yesterday, we obeyed kings and bent our necks to emperors. But today, we kneel only to truth."

-- Kahlil Gibran
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

You risk of getting a bugged PS3. The european launch will have some bugs fixed (if there is some)
What?

from Pulp Fiction
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Snake700 wrote:You risk of getting a bugged PS3. The european launch will have some bugs fixed (if there is some)
Ah, I didn't know that. Well in that case I'll have to wait, besides I don't think I'll have the money by November to even import the thing. The only thing that's keeping me loyal to Sony is MGS4, and I'm sure it's the same scenario for many others out there.
"Yesterday, we obeyed kings and bent our necks to emperors. But today, we kneel only to truth."

-- Kahlil Gibran
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

The problems at launch will pe present and will be fixed later. Remember that they are using the same scheme as Microsoft, you can and must download upgrades every once in a while. So unless we are talking aboutr real hardware issues, that is no problem at all.

Now, about wining or loosing, it is still to soon to decide anything. Just think about about the past.. these kind of things are not decided this early. Just think of the beautiful Dreamcast, or any other example. This are defined later on, by software and when the prices have stabilized. When it is not cutting edge.

Also, each one has a very different strategy. We'll probably all get a Wii, for the price. the Xbox 360 must have some great games for this holiday, or they are not getting any more market. And Sony at least should give great looks and all the services they promised. the only fact is that the PS3 will be at 1500+ at ebay during this season I believe.

They have made some tough desicions, price, blue ray and HDMI and now 400,000 units in the US and 100,000 in Japan. Risky, but you know they will be sold out completely, and that people will go on buying it.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Speaking of the Dreamcast, it's a real shame that the system didn't get enough support to keep it going. There were some excellent titles for the console, namely the Shenmue games and Soul Calibur. My original guess was that the X-Box 360 had made a similar mistake to the Dreamcast, by being released too early, since as we all know - the older something is, the more obsolete its technology becomes.

I know there's upgrades and such, but who knows. Also, in my opinion, Sony are really going to have to pull something magical out of the hat if they want to keep hold of the market. With the recently announced delay to the European market, my loyalties to Sony have wavered a little.

-- Kahlil Gibran
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Gaff wrote:Speaking of the Dreamcast, it's a real shame that the system didn't get enough support to keep it going. There were some excellent titles for the console, namely the Shenmue games
Yeah. Dreamcast had some beautiful graphics, no european slow downs (evey game in europe at that time ran slower than the american and japanese games) and online multiplayer! Besides, DC had some great games like: Shenmue 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi, Soul Caliber, and many other games.
What?

from Pulp Fiction
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

Where is the option for "I don't care about Sony"? ^^;
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

I agree with what you said Gaff, I have always compared the Xbox 360 to the Dreamcast... and more even so since Peter Moore is there. The Dreamcast was perfect for release, and I belieev that its game stil look great and that new games could still be released for it without problem. But it unfortunately died because of support.

I don't believe that M$ will fall now, I do own one of their 360s.. and eventhough I don't use it but to play Time Pilot and geometry wars, I believe that if Sony doesn't deliver the same services fast, it is going to be in some trouble.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Just out of interest here, do you think that Nintendo will become the new top dog?

-- Kahlil Gibran
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

No, not really. They seem to be quietly carving out a niche for themselves these days as a more innovative gaming company, with the DS and the Wii. It just might be Microsoft's turn to rule this time around...

And I agree with you, Snatcher, about the Dreamcast and its capabilites. Though I think a major problem had games still be coming out on it today would be the GD-ROM, which provides a scant 1 gigabyte compared to DVD on the other systems, which offers up to 8.5 gigs per side. Look at the GameCube with its 1.5 gig disc- you rarely see ports of PS2 or Xbox games to it. I say, the GigaDisc was fine in 1998, but it would be a biiiig headache today.
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

8bitsonic wrote:Look at the GameCube with its 1.5 gig disc- you rarely see ports of PS2 or Xbox games to it.
Capcom often spread their multi-format games across 2 discs though (Resident Evil series, killer7). I don't see why others couldn't do the same.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

This is totally unrelated, but just came back to me. I remember reading when the PS1 was nearing launch that, "Its black-surfaced CDs don't just look cool - they're nigh on impossible to copy." Wow, where the hell did they get that info from? :cool:
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Osiris wrote:This is totally unrelated, but just came back to me. I remember reading when the PS1 was nearing launch that, "Its black-surfaced CDs don't just look cool - they're nigh on impossible to copy." Wow, where the hell did they get that info from? :cool:
It´s a lie. I have a couple of copy PS1 games. And i agree with 8bitsonic about Nintendo. They are quiet, and they haven´t got enough games on thier own. Mostly, the GC has games that are released on PS2, Xbox & PC. And usally, the GC version is the worst version of them all.
What?

from Pulp Fiction
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

You know, I wonder if in the long run, Nintendo will go the way of Sega and focus mainly on software rather than an actual console.

-- Kahlil Gibran
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

Gaff wrote:You know, I wonder if in the long run, Nintendo will go the way of Sega and focus mainly on software rather than an actual console.
I hope that doesn't happen, since Nintendo is responsible for some of the most important improvements in console making (creativelywise). And, generally, they also make very good games.
Sony, on the other hand, always improves on the graphics, but when games come to mind... I don't remember any good ones actually. I remember some SNES and PSX games, very bad games, but that's it lol.
So I guess it makes more sense having Nintendo do the games instead of Sony, but it doesn't make sense that Nintendo stops creating consoles.

Playstation 1 is one of my favourite consoles (still), because of the games, but Sony's actions over the last years actually make me hate the company ^^;

EDIT: Oh wait. Ape Escape. Great game. Syphon Filter, GT, Wipeout, ICO and SotC are good too. Gotta give some credit to Sony then.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"