subbed?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
RunningRiot

subbed?

Post by RunningRiot »

im sure this has probally been touched upon but i may have missed it, since they (konami) counldnt sync the voices in the cutscenes in english then why couldnt theyve just just had japanese voices with the english text. the bars below look like they would fit the words fine. i can settle with this and im sure many other people who want to play this game would be more than happy with this than nothing at all...ne one?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I think that more than subtitling, Kojima might have been referring to the game's programming and how the language system in the game works. Then again, we don't know for sure if that really is the full scope of the situation.
RunningRiot

Post by RunningRiot »

i wish he would release it but i think he wont due to its obscurity.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

You won't have to worry about that; they're making great progress on a fan translation of the PSX version. You'll get to play it in English soon.
RunningRiot

Post by RunningRiot »

well i hope your serious..and if so is it gunna be a crap load of text that says everyhting a sign or a person is saying becuase if so i can deal with that.
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.

Post by 8bitsonic »

As far as I know all text will be translated, including dialogue subtitles and any graphics that need to be in English as well. You've come at a good time; some people have been waiting out this project for the past five years.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Everything will be fully in English, just like you had discovered a once-phantasmic English version of the game.
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

Now that's a nice word- phantasmic.
RunningRiot

Post by RunningRiot »

well thats definetly music to my ears/eyes...well i ve been waiting for this for quite sum time after i played snatcher and found out more games by kojima. so whoever is doing this is getting a medal and sum free restaurant gift cards lol.
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

I was really surprised to hear this game got a full translation. I never even knew there was a translation project for this that was making any progress.

I'm looking forward to hearing other people's opinions of this game. I played it just over a year ago and really enjoyed it, but I don't really know anyone else who's ever played through it.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I played a little of the prologue last night (up to the spaceplane). I'm surprised how I can keep going back to it after all this time and still enjoy it as much as my first time. It really is a great ride.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

ah, quit hoggin' it man! we wanna play it too! It's all right though, as long as it's perfect, right?
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I meant the Japanese version (though the English translation would play side-by-side in my head as I went through it).
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

So how long until you think it is ready? I'm trying to get through the japanese version, too, but don't know any japanese...which symbols mean save? Thanks.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

We honestly have no idea, dude. It'll be done when it's done.

Here's what the word "save" will look like: セーブ
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

damn, three little squares!!! :x stupid internet...lemme try my psp.

EDIT- you know what, forget it...I'll just use the save state slots. Thanks anyways.