Snatcher PC88 emulator...

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Snatcher PC88 emulator...

Post by Charlie Johnson »

Well, I've downloaded the M88 emulator from this site and found the PC88 version of Snatcher, all five disks, no problems so far.

But now I have no idea how to use the emulator, when I start it, the message "How many files (0-15)?" appears...that's nice because I have absolutly no idea what they want me to do and which files they mean.:-/

And if I input Disk 1, nothing happens, the game doesn't start. Also, since all the options and all FAQ's I could find are in japanese, I couldn't find any help there either.

But after all, I've found the emulator on this site, so I'm sure some of you know how to use it.

I need a little help :sad:
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Did you install the required PC-88 ROMs in the M88 folder?

Typically, you have to run the emulator, insert your disk and reset the emu via the Control menu (or hit F12).
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can save your game with PC88 emulators.
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

I never tried the PC88 version, but the MSX version runs fine in emulation.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Kaminari wrote:Did you install the required PC-88 ROMs in the M88 folder?

Typically, you have to run the emulator, insert your disk and reset the emu via the Control menu (or hit F12).
Hm, which PC-88 ROMs do I need, exactly? Well, there's at least one file, called PC-88.rom, that I have...

When I insert the disk and reset the emulator, the screen remains black and nothing happens.
I never tried the PC88 version, but the MSX version runs fine in emulation.
I know, but those horrible loading times...
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

Charlie Johnson wrote: I know, but those horrible loading times...
If you set the emulation speed to 130-150% they're okay, and the text is displayed at a decent speed as well - the game is really slow overall at the normal setting.

Though the PC88 version appearantly also has slighty larger graphics.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Re: Snatcher PC88 emulator...

Post by JunkerMike »

Charlie Johnson wrote:Well, I've downloaded the M88 emulator from this site and found the PC88 version of Snatcher, all five disks, no problems so far.

But now I have no idea how to use the emulator, when I start it, the message "How many files (0-15)?" appears...that's nice because I have absolutly no idea what they want me to do and which files they mean.:-/

And if I input Disk 1, nothing happens, the game doesn't start. Also, since all the options and all FAQ's I could find are in japanese, I couldn't find any help there either.

But after all, I've found the emulator on this site, so I'm sure some of you know how to use it.

I know what a pain in the ass that is. I've had similar problems when trying to use ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 emulators. I never owned EITHER of those in my entire life, and I have NO FUCKING IDEA how they work or how to get games to run on 'em! Sorry for that outburst, I just know your situation, and it made me think of the similar aggrivation I went through.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Re: Snatcher PC88 emulator...

JunkerMike wrote:
Charlie Johnson wrote:Well, I've downloaded the M88 emulator from this site and found the PC88 version of Snatcher, all five disks, no problems so far.

I know what a pain in the ass that is. I've had similar problems when trying to use ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 emulators. I never owned EITHER of those in my entire life, and I have NO FUCKING IDEA how they work or how to get games to run on 'em! Sorry for that outburst, I just know your situation, and it made me think of the similar aggrivation I went through.
I actually know by now, how to use it.;)

I could beat myself for not finding this out earlier, I just had to put the first disk (System disk) in the first PC88 emulator drive and the second disk (Snatcher data1) in the second drive, that's it, it's working fine now and I can save perfectly.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

I don't know if this was in the MSX2 version, I've never really played that version, but in the PC88 version a password is required to use Gibsons PC.

Even though I barely understand japanese, it wasn't hard to find the password, because it only had one letter.

Anyway, how are you actually supposed to figure the password out, except trial & error and what does it mean?

And another thing...Napoleon requires two passwords.

For the PC Engine, PSX and Sega Saturn versions they were:

テンカ

and

オワッタ

However, the latter one doesn't work for the PC88 version, so...what's the actual password for the PC88 version?
Attachments
Passwort.JPG
Was ist das.JPG
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Charlie Johnson wrote: And another thing...Napoleon requires two passwords.

For the PC Engine, PSX and Sega Saturn versions they were:

テンカ

and

オワッタ

However, the latter one doesn't work for the PC88 version, so...what's the actual password for the PC88 version?
Seriously, I need help for this one, almost every time Napoleon asks for the second password and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, it worked perfectly in all the other japanese versions.