Ocelot fight in plane

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
DAVID HAYTER19

Ocelot fight in plane

Post by DAVID HAYTER19 »

I finished game so i want to ask somethin..on the end of game,,when you fight with ocelot in plane....can you kill him or you must miss?I missed him so....
MGS RULES!!!!
GcDiaz

Post by GcDiaz »

You can't kill him. I'll leave it at that. What you saw is basically what was supposed to happen. The alternative is different in a minor way.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

There are three options. You can shoot him, he can shoot you, or you don't have to shoot him at all.
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolman

Post by Rolman »

I recently discovered a fourth option, where you get the gun with the bullet and shoot it but purposedly not aiming at him.
Otaku no naka no otaku, Otaking da!!!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Rolman wrote:I recently discovered a fourth option, where you get the gun with the bullet and shoot it but purposedly not aiming at him.
That's exactly what I did on my first run.. couldn't shoot the guy =P
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Omega579
Runner
Favorite Game: Street Fighter II
PSN: Omega579

Post by Omega579 »

Out of the 4 options what do you think best fits the story if you could only choose one. Although I like the option where Ocelot gets the blank showing him finally get one over on Snake, I'd have to go with the option where you get the gun with the bullet but don't fire. It just seems so sadistic to have the other guy shoot at you knowing his gun is empty.
fogleus

Post by fogleus »

i agree that it is fitting the option that you dont shoot because of the way naked snake thinks of ocelot and how he has treated him throughout the game.

that or when you miss on purpose.
You will be fogle
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

Personally, I always thought the "shoot-but-miss" option was the "right one." (The bullet is real, but it misses Ocelot, hitting the wall.) After all, Ocelot had been trying to shoot Snake throughout the entire game with that same bullet. In addition, it fits Konami's logic - It's the option most different from the others. (In all the other scenes, the bullet's a blank.) That's just my theory, though.
Sure, mainstream games are fun, but you haven't tried Snatcher yet.
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

The bullet's a blank? I didn't know that. I didn't fire because I thought I'd kill Ocelot and get a "Time Paradox" game over if I did.

On a sidenote, what happens if you don't shoot the boss? Do the Migs arrive and bomb you, or does it just wait until you shoot, or...?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

You have to shoot her. Nothing else will happen until you do.
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

I thought so. But since The Boss already announced there were only 30 seconds left during the fight, I didn't wait to find out if they wouldn't blow me up after all.