[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Junker HQ • View topic - • Policenauts Veterans Thread: Sign Here Ifu Beat The Game •

• Policenauts Veterans Thread: Sign Here Ifu Beat The Game •

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.

• Policenauts Veterans Thread: Sign Here Ifu Beat The Game •

Postby adamjgon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Adam J. Gonzales

*Thanks everyone who translated this masterpiece for the masses. Best game eva!
adamjgon

Re: • Policenauts Veterans Thread: Sign Here Ifu Beat The Game •

Postby RyuHayabusa » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Beat it last night, took about 12 hours all together. Talk about some interesting twists in the storyline. Thanks again, guys, for translating this great game!!!!
RyuHayabusa

Postby Tanuki » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Tanuki

Beat it on the 25th around 9pm

Thanks for all the hardwork guys, best game of '09, and one of the greatest games ever!
Tanuki

Postby neo_noir » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:21 am

Just beat that shit right now dogg and... HOT DAMN!!!! What a game... for my money blows away that convoluted(sorry for my spelling) storyline that has become the Metal Gear out of the water. My stomach was all churned up playing this baby... this masterpiece that I will call my favorite kojima game (have yet to play snatcher though).
neo_noir

Postby fahlim003 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:25 am

Just completed it today. One question, is anything supposed to occur after the Vitruvian Policenaut logo after the last dialogue by Ingram? Either way, I waited a long time for this, thanks a lot.
fahlim003

Postby Marc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:42 am

Marc
General

Postby Frogacuda » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Beat it. Better than Snatcher, hands-down. Movie-worthy script except for some awkward "Now I will explain my evil plan" expose. Kojima seems to be in love with a lot of old school plot devices. Sometimes it's retro and sometimes it's a little silly but more often than not it works really well in Policenauts.
Frogacuda

Postby R-Signal » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:11 pm

Beat it two days ago. A little bummed it suffers from Act 3 Snatcher syndrome towards the end, but still loved the shit out of it.
R-Signal

Postby Frogacuda » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:06 pm

What's Act 3 Snatcher Syndrome? Lots of talking/shooting and not much else?
Frogacuda

Postby akakak4747 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:59 pm

Beat it. Thanks so much guys. now it's time to talk about the game :)

akakak4747

Postby Frogacuda » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:55 am

The dave shooting part is an optional scene if you hang around the shooting gallery a lot. There's also one with redwood there. I don't know if there are any others on top of that.
Frogacuda

Postby Jonesy47 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Beat this bad boy last night. I am SOOOOO glad i waited to play an english version of this game because there are so many parts that would have confused me if i had just guessed what was going on.

Oh, and the people complaining about the shooting are being whiners. I only died three times during shooting sequences.

I mean, games are supposed to be hard, anyways.

Anyways, This game friggin rocked hard. Thank you guys SOOOOOO much! Konami is a bunch of retards for not releasing this game in the states!
Jonesy47

Postby akakak4747 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:00 pm

akakak4747

Postby fahlim003 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:32 pm

fahlim003

Postby akakak4747 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:06 am

I dunno we're all hardcore and have played snatcher so we expect a lot from this game.

If someone was just to randomly pick up this game and play it. The first 6 hours is like just constant bombardment of reading all the little details after going through each new area for the first time. Maybe that's one reason why it wasn't released here.
akakak4747

Postby Jonesy47 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:59 am

Jonesy47

Postby KOJIMASAN » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:17 pm

KOJIMASAN

Postby Supergrom » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Just beat the game, very much enjoyed it :) thanks again to those involved
Supergrom

Postby The Chosen » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:57 am

I completed it on the 27th, class game.
The Chosen

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:01 pm

I beat the entire game with a mouse! And no, I didn't switch to keyboard once. Not one to brag but...yeah, it was awesome.
Henry Spencer
General

Postby Project_Noah » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Just beat it like an hour ago. Fantastic game! *applauds*
Project_Noah

Postby IlDucci » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Beat the game right now, the timer says less than 11 hours. Beat it with a mouse (And a crapload of savestates thanks to a damaged mouse and the time bomb)
IlDucci

Postby coconutdelight » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:34 am

Just finished!
Tried to take my time on it but found it hard to put down
I liked it every bit as much as snatcher.
Can't believe its finished though :(

I'm happy though because I can go back to zoe2 now which i havent finished and then zoe1 which ive never played, although they are very different I think those games have a very policnauts feel about them(in the cutscenes)
Theres also a zero gravity blood moment that they have in common :)

Thanks again to everyone who made it possible to play this, you must have made so many people happy
coconutdelight

Postby Phenomenal Flea » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:41 am

Do we need spoiler tags here? I would expect that everyone who goes into this thread would have beaten the game already, but just in case, I will anyway.

Thanks again team! Also, because the credits didn't play for me properly, did the translation team tuck their name into the credits? And was there anything at the end, like a one-liner from Johnathan, that I missed out on?
Phenomenal Flea

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 am

Henry Spencer
General

Next

Return to Policenauts