What were you doing 3 years ago besides playing SOL?

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

What were you doing 3 years ago besides playing SOL?

Post by Snake Plissken »

Man I can't believe my eyes!!!! It's already been 3 years!! why back in nov. 17 2001 getting SOL I was a sophmore in highschool that didn't get my homework done. Now its nov 17th 2004, I am a college student that still never gets his work done, but at least on time ahahaha

anyways, what were you doing, and where were ya 3 long years ago from the SOL release?

By the way, I would like you say that I think all you guys here are awsome. Even though I just sometimes stay in the shadows, you all make the most exellent threads and ideas here! I have never moderated or helped run such a nice and positive place in my life! I love you all!!!! And on behalf of Snatcher and myself, I just wanna thank you all for making this a nice place to come to and to and help run! :D

And appologies for lack of exclusive updates from me and my friend's site to here, been mega busy with essays and preping for criminal science classes :(
Painaxl
Runner

Post by Painaxl »

3 years ago? Let's see. I was still in college, meaning playing the Dreamcast my suitemates and I bought after they went on sale. Left school a month later, ironically (only partially because of the DC and Smackdown! on the PS1).

Couldn't afford a PS2 then, so I just had to look at MGS2 online. Pretty sad, really.

Yep, this is my favorite board so far. My favorite boards online have always been smaller communities, and this one has great ideas to boot.
Nekura_Hoka

Post by Nekura_Hoka »

3 years ago I was playing pretty much any console game I could afford, (mostly Phantasy Star Online on DC iirc lol) I didn't get MGS2 until it came out as Substance for PS2 though. I later sold my PS2 and that game and I now own MGS2 for the PC which really kicks tail.
Check out the Metal Gear MSX Translation:
http://www.geocities.com/nekurahoka/
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

Three years ago now I was playing the demo of SOL to death as it hadn't been released in Europe yet (and wouldn't be for another 4 months nearly!).

Apart from that, I guess I was playing GT3, MGS, but mostly Street Fighter Ex Plus Aplha (I don't know why but I really like it)

At school, otherwise. Oh how it's all changed...
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I was at university in Edinburgh, Scotland, waiting until December when I would be able to play SOL back in America during my winter vacation.

I finally got to play it on December 18th... I got home from the airport, setup the new bigscreen TV and surround system I ordered just for MGS2 (cost me like 2 grand, but will serve it's purpose again for MGS3!) and said to myself, Okay, I'll go to sleep early tonight and get up and play it all day tomorrow. But of course, what did I do? I took one look at the box and couldn't resist. I played up until the Olga fight, then saved and went to bed. Then the next day I started it up again. Very memorable game for me. The wait was hard, especially knowing everyone else was playing it in America, and I also hadn't been looking at any info on the game for over a year, but it was worth it. I'll never forget how blown away I was when the Plant chapter started and I realized there was another playable character.

An interesting note, when I first started up the game and saw the intro, I thought the blond hair character fighting back to back with Snake at the end was Liquid... I thought they had somehow temporarily teamed up to defeat Solidus. Again I hadn't seen the trailer with Ocelot and Liquid's arm, so I thought Liquid was in the game as a full human. So seeing that made me very excited to play the game and see what would happen. :)

MGS3 will work out similar for me, except this time I'm going back to the US for winter vacation from Japan, not Scotland... And this time I plan to play the Japanese version first, because I love Akio Otsuka, the Japanese voice actor for Snake.
Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob »

This will mark me as the worst fan ever. Worst. Fan. Ever. Worst. Ever. Fan. Ever. Worst.

Three years ago, when MGS2 game out, I was in my first year of college, playing through Metal Gear Solid 1.

Yessir, I'm behind the curve.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

Probably still playing the trail version to death as well, im suprised i didn't melt the disc. I remember the period of school before i could go and get it, in spanish with my mate as giddy as....well....schoolboys!
hybridtheory

Post by hybridtheory »

Playing Gran Turismo 3.
I met the hideo kojima !!!111