To everyone/anyone who has played Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
shoryuken_justice

To everyone/anyone who has played Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Post by shoryuken_justice »

I'm also posting this in the MGS3 forum, because the answer would help me figure out a plot thingy in Snake Eater. So, without trying to spoil anything...

Is there any moment in the game when it is revealed Gray Fox (Frank Jaeger) is half-Vietnamese?

I thought I read somewhere this was said in MG 2. If someone could confirm this, it would be very helpful.

(Actually, I need it so I can blast some kid in the imdb.com forums who claims I'm wrong... actually, if someone could get a screenshot that would be even more bitchin)
Alright stop.

Hammer Time!
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Re: To everyone/anyone who has played Metal Gear 2: Solid Sn

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

shoryuken_justice wrote:I'm also posting this in the MGS3 forum, because the answer would help me figure out a plot thingy in Snake Eater. So, without trying to spoil anything...

Is there any moment in the game when it is revealed Gray Fox (Frank Jaeger) is half-Vietnamese?

I thought I read somewhere this was said in MG 2. If someone could confirm this, it would be very helpful.

(Actually, I need it so I can blast some kid in the imdb.com forums who claims I'm wrong... actually, if someone could get a screenshot that would be even more bitchin)
Yes, there is. He alludes to his half-vietnamese heritage during his death scene near the end of the game, when he mentions how he came to be adopted by Big Boss during the Vietnam war.

He's also half-German by the way. You can tell since Jaeger is a German word, meaning "Hunter" (hence "Naomi Hunter" in MGS). He actually used the alias "Frank Hunter" according to MG2 as well (although, it seems to had been retconned in the mobile phone version).
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

I got a question myself Johnny. I heard people say before that Big Boss never actually admitted to Snake that he was his "father", and that fact was first discovered in MGS1. Since I haven't ever played the game, I have no way of knowing if this is true or not. Can you clue me in.
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Snake doesn't find that Big Boss was his father in the old MSX games. That was only a small retcon that was applied to the Metal Gear Solid games.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

Not sure if this has been said here before, but big boss's last words in that, almost are exact to the Boss's before you battle her in Snake Eater :wink: :wink: