Radio Stations?

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Randam

Radio Stations?

Post by Randam »

I noticed for like one day on gamefaqs.com that there were some radio frequencies that had music on it. Now with that being said I managed to get all except for four, so does anyone know of the these and what they are?
(PS: How in the %&* are you supposed to get Volgin's camo? He feels no pain he cannot be reasoned with!)
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

They were taken off gamefaqs because the #'s are somewhat random, and they all proved to be incoherant to probly each difficulty or game session. But, this is awsome, makes ya gotta look yourself :wink: As for volgin, I just beat him on extreme by using cqc grabs, throws, and kicks when hes on the ground, this will drain his stamina and help you get his camo. On easier difficulty I suggest you throw stun grenades, shoot him from the back and the side with the mk22 and or the mosin nogit rifle.

P.s. Put the raiden costume on full with mask at the beginning of the fight, volgin will break down, giving you time for a nice cheap shot to plant while hes on his knees. Be aware though, his retaliation for this attack will make him do like a charging air spin with electricity. Just try to do complete circles around him, shooting his back, and then circling and repeating. If you have the pat.riot from beating previously and just want to kill him, infinitly fire, his forcefield can only take so much abuse :wink:
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

SO let me get this straight, as I had no idea about it, if you beat Volgin without "killing" him, you get to thieve his camo?
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
Randam

Post by Randam »

Yeah I believe it's called "The Cold War" or something like that. What is exactly does I have no idea..gah I need to get that camo plus The End's "Moss". Oh and the stealth but there is no way I can get all those freakin' frogs.
The "Fly" camo is awesome XD
Jonathan Ingram wrote:SO let me get this straight, as I had no idea about it, if you beat Volgin without "killing" him, you get to thieve his camo?
shoryuken_justice

Cold war

Post by shoryuken_justice »

From what I've heard, it's camo that has the USSR flag on the front and the US on the back. Enemies won't shoot you as long as you're facing them. I've heard it's pretty useless unless you're in a gunfight, and it doesn't have much camo-index value. I didn't even bother with it.

On an unrelated note, the Mummy suit is dy-no-mite for the Boss fight, as it's white camo and her bullets and bone-breakers don't injure you. That is, if you're willing to sacrifice 850 kbs of memory card space.
Alright stop.

Hammer Time!
Snake Plissken
Major

Re: Cold war

Post by Snake Plissken »

shoryuken_justice wrote:From what I've heard, it's camo that has the USSR flag on the front and the US on the back. Enemies won't shoot you as long as you're facing them.
Indeed! It's mostly just handy I noticed if your in the shagohod chase, trying to shoot some frogs down that pass on the tarmack to stealth. You will still get knifed though by gaurds if ya get too close :shock:
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Ah!! So by 'frogs' you mean that Kerotan madness. I was thinking "surely there aren't 60 types of frogs in the game?"... so much to learn! And i'm loving class!
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

Jonathan Ingram wrote:Ah!! So by 'frogs' you mean that Kerotan madness. I was thinking "surely there aren't 60 types of frogs in the game?"... so much to learn! And i'm loving class!

yes, that part is the toughest area to get the frogs, so I am taking the awsome way by getting the infinity camo(get infinite ammo with this camp) and stealth at the same time for not killing, being spotted, injured bad, and completing under 5 hours.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

I was lucky in getting Volgin's camo. I was one hit away from being dead and I just managed to avoid enough his shots long enough to do the right amount of damage. I was only playing on Hard, but I'm still thankful.

By the way, what exactly are the Kerotan frogs? What do they have to do with Konami?
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

I don't believe they have anything to do with Konami per se but Kerotan and Gako are Japanese money bank characters, so that's why they're both in it.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Ga-Ko? Yeah, I didn't find that camo. I think it's the only one I haven't found (unless mummy is in the game). Where the hell is it??
shoryuken_justice

Nah...

It's a download.
Alright stop.

Hammer Time!
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Ga-Ko is a download?? But I'm sure people mentioned that it was in the game.
shoryuken_justice

Umm..

By "It's a download", I meant mummy.

I'm not sure what Ga-Ko is. Sorry.
Alright stop.

Hammer Time!
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

ReasonWhyNot wrote:Ga-Ko? Yeah
its in Chyornyi swamp,

from entering the swamp after the gru fight at the rassvet, swim to the (north east ) end according to the map's corralation, and it should be in plane sight with the thermal goggles .